Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 08-24-2019, 06:23 PM   #61
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,208 Times in 12,371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Srebro View Post
I have no idea what the cart rate was/is for three days at Addieville but I do know when I did the VC at Addieville a few years back there was only one course, short enough to walk which we did; the parking area was adjacent to the tents; and the vendors were pretty sparse. Also the sit down lunch was served on china and although good the price was right up there. I don't remember an option to order a burger or something light.

Net, imo any comparison between clubs and rental golf cart suppliers is irrelevant. Apples to oranges.
I fail to see any relevance in your example Frank, unless for some reason the golf cart vendor is justified in his pricing for the ‘comparison’ you have made?

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2019, 06:34 PM   #62
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,309 Times in 1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
I fail to see any relevance in your example Frank, unless for some reason the golf cart vendor is justified in his pricing for the ‘comparison’ you have made?

Dean, I tried to reply to Edgar's quote and his math, and also stated that imo comparisons between clubs and cart rentals are irrelevant. Bottom line, I didn't set up nor am I running the rental golf cart concession. Those who feel the rate or other arrangements are out of line or not justified should work it with the Vintager's rep. I am done with this thread.

frank
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2019, 06:55 PM   #63
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,208 Times in 12,371 Posts

Sorry Frank, I hope you weren’t insulted by my reply.
I know you have nothing to do with any of the arrangements for the event.

$60/day for a cart seems pricey but they are probably the only vendor who can handle the number of carts needed so we just have to accept it or take the shuttle.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2019, 07:04 PM   #64
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanks Dean, no I wasn't insulted. I do understand there are different perspectives on value received vs. cost. I hope to see you at the VGC.

frank
Unread 08-24-2019, 07:46 PM   #65
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,518 Times in 3,098 Posts

The Addieville course is 100 targets, as opposed to a shorter walk for 50 or 60 targets at HHSC.
I am splitting with another PGCA member, and while I've never seen the Vintagers poster, my share of the cart is over $90.
To my knowledge, there is no offer to rent for $60/day.
Comparing food at the two venues is really splitting hairs, but at least we got to park closer to shooting and tents in RI.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2019, 06:35 AM   #66
stumpstalker
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,394 Times in 682 Posts

This is an interesting and informative thread. I almost missed it, not looking under NON-PARKER SHOOTING EVENTS, SHOWS AND CONVENTIONS for anything related to the up-coming 2019 PGCA Annual Meeting and Banquet.

This is an event Kathy G. and I are looking forward to, however much this Thread was beginning to feel like someone might well print up some tee-shirts saying, I SURVIVED THE VINTAGERS GUNNERS CHAMPIONSHIP AND EXHIBITION AT HAUSEMANN’S HIDDEN HOLLOW IN SEPTEMBER 2019.

Having missed so many Northeast-based Parker events over the years, being at sea half the time, I see this event offering a lot more upside than downside for the vintage gun enthusiast.

We expect to be there, not shooting, but looking, learning, admiring and maybe relieving someone at the PGCA table so he can shoot.
Unread 08-25-2019, 03:05 PM   #67
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

This has nothing to do with rental golf carts, parking or shuttles but I want to clarify that the 2012 Vintage Cup at Addieville and specifically the Fox - Parker Challenge was shot on a 50 bird course, not 100. The final tally for 5 shooters on each team X 50 birds each was Fox 219 and Parker 201.
Unread 08-25-2019, 03:36 PM   #68
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,518 Times in 3,098 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Srebro View Post
This has nothing to do with rental golf carts, parking or shuttles but I want to clarify that the 2012 Vintage Cup at Addieville and specifically the Fox - Parker Challenge was based on a 50 bird course, not 100. The final tally for 5 shooters on each team X 50 birds each was Fox 219 and Parker 201.
.......and the main event was 100 birds, as were the practice rounds.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2019, 04:39 PM   #69
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarspencer View Post
.......and the main event was 100 birds, as were the practice rounds.
A comparison with the VC when at Addieville keeps coming up. Again to clarify some details, for 2012 the Vintage Cup Main Event at Addieville was indeed 100 birds, and the "Small Gauge, 10 gauge, 12 gauge Preliminary, American Classic, RST 12 gauge Hammer gun and the Black Powder cartridge shotgun" events were all 50 birds each. No mention in the program of any practice birds on the course. Entry was $20. per day except for preregistered shooters/spouses and Vintagers members/spouses.

Those 50 bird course events at Addieville sound similar to those planned at the upcoming VGC.
Unread 09-07-2019, 01:51 PM   #70
Dr Bob
PGCA Member

Member Info

News from Tom Snyder today is that parking and camping will be back at the field used during the Northeast SxS at Hausmann's. The field down by the quarry will be used for overflow parking and there will be a shuttle. I don't understand what parking will be allowed along the tents for venders. This sounds somewhat better than last week's plans for parking and camping.
Bob Decker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Decker For Your Post:
Visit Bob Decker's homepage!