Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-25-2021, 03:40 PM   #51
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,557 Posts

Dave Riffle! That's a name from the past. Just looked at his website. Appears to not have been updated since 2019. His business was only 15 minutes away from our rental in FL. Years ago, tried to contact him about coming over to see his wares, and he couldn't have been more rude

Last edited by John Dallas; 02-25-2021 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: Fat fingers on a cell phone
John Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2021, 03:51 PM   #52
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,455 Times in 1,368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dallas View Post
Dave Riffle! That's a name from the past. Just looked at his website. Appears to not have been updated since 2019. His business was only 15 minutes away from our rental in FL. Years ago, tried to contact him about coming over to see his wares, and he couldn't have been more rude
Gun dealers baffle me. I contacted two dealers this week about guns they have listed on their website. One was using their "for more information form". No response. No "we will get back to you". Nothing. The other dealer I communicated with via email several times about a particular Parker and actually made an offer. Nothing. No further responses. No "thanks but no thanks". Nothing. I really don't know how half of them stay in business.
Unread 02-25-2021, 04:01 PM   #53
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,463 Times in 969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Bishop View Post
Gun dealers baffle me. I contacted two dealers this week about guns they have listed on their website. One was using their "for more information form". No response. No "we will get back to you". Nothing. The other dealer I communicated with via email several times about a particular Parker and actually made an offer. Nothing. No further responses. No "thanks but no thanks". Nothing. I really don't know how half of them stay in business.
Oh God, I have had the perpetual ignoration (is that a word?) of my requests. Two highly touted dealers that have been recommended on this forum. But I keep looking at their websites and salivating...
Unread 02-25-2021, 07:56 PM   #54
PML
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,568 Times in 372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dallas View Post
Oh, yes he could. You just have to engage him more than once......

PML
Patrick Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2021, 08:19 PM   #55
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,557 Posts

Could be more rude? Scary
Unread 02-25-2021, 08:22 PM   #56
Bruce P Bruner
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,941 Times in 361 Posts

Old Johnny Mustard and I were were walking by one of Dave's tables at a Denver show and there was a real strong odor coming from one of the tables. I went closer to investigate. His display exhibited some "New in the box" Winchester Model 70's. I casually told Dave that he really should let the ink dry on those "Winchester" boxes before he sells them. He came unglued and told us to "Move along" and more.
Bruce P Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2021, 08:34 PM   #57
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,463 Times in 969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce P Bruner View Post
Old Johnny Mustard and I were were walking by one of Dave's tables at a Denver show and there was a real strong odor coming from one of the tables. I went closer to investigate. His display exhibited some "New in the box" Winchester Model 70's. I casually told Dave that he really should let the ink dry on those "Winchester" boxes before he sells them. He came unglued and told us to "Move along" and more.
I don't get this at all and who that is : ( But I'm sure with time I will. I emailed one dealer more than a half dozen times off their website and no response. Called, no return call. Finally got a semi humanoid to pick up on a 16g I was really interested in. Total asshole. Sorry, he just was. I have a feeling I'll end up buying most stuff off folks from this site. Just a gut feeling and that's OK.
Unread 02-26-2021, 12:53 AM   #58
Mike Poindexter
PGCA Member

Member Info

My mistakes have mostly been buying low condition guns needing work, having the work done, and getting upside down on the cost. My best deals have been buying nice guns from dealers that were seriously underpriced, which happens once every so often but not a lot. Its usually the other way around and I run like a scalded cat. Best advice I ever heard was "You make money on a gun when you buy, not when you sell," and "Cash is King." But I'm a shooter not a collector.
Mike Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Poindexter For Your Post:
Unread 02-26-2021, 01:11 AM   #59
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,531 Times in 3,404 Posts

The word I got on Riffle a number of years ago was that the ATF guys got him for something and in later years his FFL as he may have called it was in actuality in his wife’s name . Bottom line the word from my friends that were or are Winchester collectors was to stay away from him .
Unread 02-26-2021, 01:19 AM   #60
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,531 Times in 3,404 Posts

There’s another dealer I’ve been watching for about two years that has a shotgun I’d like to have . Their initial pictures did nothing to show even the problems they chose to disclose . So I called them and mentioned the pictures or rather lack of any showing detail . They were quite nice about taking more and posting them after a few days . Then I called back and discussed the gun , in the discussion I mentioned I’d had my eye on the gun for awhile and based on that wanted to make an offer , I was informed that the gun was a consignment and they did not entertain offers on anything PERIOD .