Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 08-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #1
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,929 Times in 4,783 Posts

If the promoter of the Spring Southern would purchase about another 50 acres of ground for parking and course improvement and make the course something more interesting than it is, the Spring Southern would be much more than the Vintagers will ever be again. I have been shooting the Sanford course for 19 years and could shoot it blindfolded. Am I right or am I wrong? We don't need an Orvis facility to shoot sporting competition and buy guns. If Anthony Matarese at M&M Sporting in New Jersey ever decided to run a side by side shoot with vendors and collectors associations, no other side by side shoot would survive for six months. There would be absolutely no competition.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 08-25-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,090 Times in 1,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
If the promoter of the Spring Southern would purchase about another 50 acres of ground for parking and course improvement and make the course something more interesting than it is, the Spring Southern would be much more than the Vintagers will ever be again. I have been shooting the Sanford course for 19 years and could shoot it blindfolded. Am I right or am I wrong? We don't need an Orvis facility to shoot sporting competition and buy guns.
That's why we go to the Southern to see friends and the vendors, but we shoot Drakes Landing which is a wonderful with two courses. with great people willing to bend over backwards to help. As Bill said, I have not shot Deep River in ten years but I know each of the few stations as the targets are the same every year (yes I have walked the course a few times in the past few years) and that is too bad.
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post: