Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Parker Trojan with 2.75 inch chambers
Unread 10-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
Carl Williams
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Parker Trojan with 2.75 inch chambers

I have purchased a Parker Trojan with (I am told) 2.75 inch chambers. Sounds funny but I saw the gun a few years ago and noticed that it was 95% and made an offer which was refused. I recently met the fellow again and inquired about the Parker Trojan. He assured me that it had not ever been re-blued or refinished in any way. I made an offer again that was accepted. Even though I had not seen the gun in ten years I was willing to take the chance. He takes very good care of his guns and said that he had never fired the gun but assured me it was 2.75 chambers. damn...Gun looks more than 95%. so I took a gamble. He delivers the Parker next trip up.

My question is how many Parkers were made with 2.75 in chambers? And were there any solid (non damaicus or twist) barrels on late parkers. I'm mainly a model 12, model 21 and Winchester collector.
Carl Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #2
Bob Jurewicz
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,013 Times in 569 Posts

Carl,
Depends on when your gun was made. Post the serial number and someone will respond.
Bob Jurewicz
Bob Jurewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Parkers with (I am told) 2.75 inch chambers???
Unread 11-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
Carl Williams
Forum Associate

Member Info

Post Parkers with (I am told) 2.75 inch chambers???

I have purchased two Parkers with (I am told) 2.75 inch chambers.

The Serial numbers on the two parkers I purchase on 11/27/13 are: 185563
Parker Trojan has OV on Watertable below serial # 28" barrel with a 3 with 12 stamped above and to the right of the three (like 3 to the 12 power) It has a Trojan Steel barrel The second Parker Serial Number 224276 (PH grade) has a PH above serial # on the watertable and a P below serial # . This gun has a Parker Steel Barrel. On Barrel flats it has a P in a circle and 1 1/2 on barrel lug. It has O B 4 on left flat and a 3 with a little one above and to the rigt of the three (like 3 to the 1st power) I would like to know if they are 2.75 chambers. It also has a straight stock nice wood no checkering on the fore end or stock. But very nice curly walnut.

Last month I wrote:

I have purchased a Parker Trojan with (I am told) 2.75 inch chambers. Sounds funny but I saw the gun a few years ago and noticed that it was 95% and made an offer which was refused. I recently met the fellow again and inquired about the Parker Trojan. He assured me that it had not ever been re-blued or refinished in any way. I made an offer again that was accepted. Even though I had not seen the gun in ten years I was willing to take the chance. He takes very good care of his guns and said that he had never fired the gun but assured me it was 2.75 chambers. damn...Gun looks more than 95%. so I took a gamble. He delivers the Parker next trip up.

My question is how many Parkers were made with 2.75 in chambers? And were there any solid (non damaicus or twist) barrels on late parkers. I'm mainly a model 12, model 21 and Winchester collector.
Carl Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,796 Times in 3,967 Posts

if you found even a trogan or other grade gun that wastoward the end of the parker being made and it had damascus or twist steel barrels you had better buy it if its with in a resonable price buy it because it would be a rare gun...besides nothing wrong with these barrel steels if they are in good shape...the twist steel and other damascus guns will take anynormal high power shell and shoot them all day long with no problem to the steel but the wood is the problem and of course a persons shoulder... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote