Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Found an Unusual Reproduction
Unread 10-07-2017, 06:24 PM   #1
esetter - Gerry Addison
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,059 Times in 279 Posts

Default Found an Unusual Reproduction

Just today found what I believe to be a very unusual Parker Reproduction, certainly one I've never seen before. To begin with it is a Steel Shot Special which doesn't in itself make is so rare as I've owned several of them. Next it is a two barrel set, both barrels correctly marked and numbered to the gun. The one set is 28" and choked IC and Mod as all steel shot specials are. The other set and here is the rare part, they are 30" in length . One set of barrels has a splinter forend, the other has a beavertail. Gun is straight grip, single trigger. Cased in correct case. The previous owner said he bought the gun from Bill Jaqua "years ago" and he was told there were only two sets like this produced. I have no idea if this is true, but I know I've never seen a set like this. Gun is in used condition and at some point the 30" barrels were sent to Briley and thin wall chokes were installed. What a great gun to take duck hunting and then take to the sporting clays field! Has anyone seen another set like this one? Again, both barrels have all the correct markings and are numbered to the gun. This is not a set that was added on at some point. Really a neat set!
Gerry Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gerry Addison For Your Post: