Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Unread 07-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #41
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bernfeld View Post
Today Carol at CSMC told me that all the 28 ga Repro barrels that were finished had been sent to the buyers. Does someone here know of ANYONE who has received a set? Maybe she meant 0 made, and all were sent out !
About a month or so ago, she told me that she personally wrapped up and shipped out a few sets of the Repro barrels herself. I asked for names and phone numbers of a couple of them so I could check to see if these customers were satisfied with their purchase, she refused.
Mr. Galazan should fire this Lady
Unread 07-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #42
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Mr. Galazan should fire this Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Baehman View Post
About a month or so ago, she told me that she personally wrapped up and shipped out a few sets of the Repro barrels herself. I asked for names and phone numbers of a couple of them so I could check to see if these customers were satisfied with their purchase, she refused.
- He's shooting himself in the foot with an employee who lies to customers, and then tries a "Tricky-Dick Nixon Stonewalling number" another eason, IMO- why women don't belong in the man's world of guns and gunning- With a tight market, the recent loss of Parker Icon Mr. Jack Puglisi, it would behoove the remaining high-end dealers to be "upfront" with their customer base.
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Francis Morin For Your Post:
Unread 07-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #43
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,240 Times in 12,378 Posts

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that Tony Galazan and CSMC has always been a friend to the PGCA and unless they have taken your money and not provided you with a product promised in the contract within the timeframe proscribed, there is no beef.
If, on the other hand, you have paid earnest money and they have defaulted on the contract, then you have every right to demand your money back with the appropriate interest.
It does no good to slam someone on merely 'he said - she said' conjecture.
It is really demeaning to see all of this mudslinging on this forum and other forums. I do believe, however, if promises were made and not fulfilled, a public explanation would be in order.

I'll step off my little soap box now...
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 07-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #44
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Baehman View Post
I asked for names and phone numbers of a couple of them so I could check to see if these customers were satisfied with their purchase, she refused.

I would certainly hope my privacy were protected thus.
Unread 07-25-2011, 10:50 PM   #45
Joe Bernfeld
Forum Associate

Member Info

Kensal Rise over on the Doublegunshop forum actually said he got a set of the CSMC 28 ga barrels (18 months after ordering them). He says there were "minor issues" so he returned them, for repair I presume. Evidently at least one set was made.
Joe Bernfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
"A satisfied customer is the best advertising $ can buy"
Unread 07-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #46
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default "A satisfied customer is the best advertising $ can buy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
I would certainly hope my privacy were protected thus.
-- Case in point- albiet a segue away from CT and into KS- about three years ago a good friend in Iowa contacted me about getting a replacement set of barrels for a nice 12 Ideal Grade ejector Smith his late Father passed on to him- fly in the ointment- his Dad was rabbit hunting, snow in the barrels and they burst about 22" from the muzzles forward- Simmons quoted him a price on sleeving new barrels (call it a Mono-block) at about $2000- he asked me my opinion- allowing for the sentimental value of inherited Smiths and Parkers (I think about my friend Jack Cronkite and his Dad's treasured VH 12 that suffered the same tragedy) I said- sure- but get some references, and Simmons gave him 4 customers to contact for whom they had done this specialized barrel work--

NOW- I don't know if Simmons first contacted those customers and asked their permission, I suspect they did- That is fine with me- ditto the phone call I received from a prospective buyer of a 12 Trojan I once owned- I traded it to a area dealer- to whom I am fairly well known, and as I have the habit of stashing expired hunting licenses in the butt cavity of my "working guns"-- for ID purposes- he called me at home, we chatted for about 1/2 hour- and he later on put the gun on law-away-

In closing- I am going to believe a brother PGCA member and take him at his word over some employee of a gun dealer or auction service -hand running!!
Unread 07-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #47
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

[QUOTE=Francis Morin;47137]Simmons gave him 4 customers to contact for whom they had done this specialized barrel work--

QUOTE]

I would hope that Simmons had obtained those four customer's permission to do so
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #48
esetter - Gerry Addison
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,068 Times in 281 Posts

I agree totally with what has been stated above. I can only tell you what happened to me and what I was told by their representative(Lou). Was told by Mr. Galazan to send my gun in that he had 16GA barrels and he would fit a pair for me. Sent it two days later addressed to his attention as he suggested, waited two weeks and called, was connected to Lou who told me he had gotten the gun from Mr. Galazan and that there were no 16Ga barrels and would not be any for at least a year. I then ask about the 410 barrels for my 28Ga because I had heard about them and taking deposits, and he said, we aren't even thinking about those right now, that is way down the priority list and it will be a long time before any are produced, they aren't even in the works. I did not ask him about 28GA barrels and perhaps those are being made at this time. This is not second hand information, this is exactly the way things happened. Cost me $60 shipping and a lot of time packaging it up properly. Not a good way to run a business to my way of thinking. I don't believe anyone should take deposits on something that isn't even in the process of being made. Just my opinion for what it is worth.
Gerry Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gerry Addison For Your Post:
I would bet an axtra set of "skeeter .410" barrels they did
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #49
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default I would bet an axtra set of "skeeter .410" barrels they did

[quote=Dean Romig;47140][quote=Francis Morin;47137]Simmons gave him 4 customers to contact for whom they had done this specialized barrel work--

QUOTE]-- Simmons is a long standing reputable firm- Ernie Simmons took a 20 ga. M21 and two M37 .410 barrels and made the first non-factory M21 in that pipsqueak gauge- WHY? Only Ernie knows, but John Olin liked it (again, WHY)? and order Dave Carlson to tool up for a .410 M21- I have never dealt with Galazan, Lou or Tony- but I tend to believe my brother PGCA members-and doubt if I ever will--but I am sure they will continue to prosper w/o my small $--
The Following User Says Thank You to Francis Morin For Your Post:
Unread 08-13-2011, 12:48 AM   #50
Rod N. Gunn
Forum Associate

Member Info

Even if they someday produce them, don't assume they will fit your gun...
Dave Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote