Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Hello from Seattle
Unread 12-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
John Teeters
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Hello from Seattle

hello from Seattle,
I have posted some pictures and would like to find out any information I can about a 12g #99472. The little "+" symbols are a bit odd and I think they identify choke?? Also there is a "4 72" on the barrel that I can't seem to find any information on.

Photos are under my profile albums - I think. Hopefully they are good enough to get an estimate of value. If I buy the gun I plan on getting the Letter.

Love the site and thanks in advance.

cheers and happy birding,
John Teeters
John Teeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

Well John . . . that Parker has been poorly refinished by someone who didn't know what he was doing. It was probably in pretty poor shape - rusted, etc. - and has been buffed to the extreme that a lot of the original 'graver walk' borders on the frame are gone as well as a lot of the other details common to a VH. Taking into consideration the degree of rusting that must have been on the exterrior of that Parker we can only assume the bores must be equally bad. I would advise you to forget about that one and move on to the next.
Value on that one? . . . none, in my opinion. Sorry, but you asked.

By the way, Welcome to the PGCA forum and I hope you stick around and find a Parker that you'll like and that you can be proud to own. A good shooter Parker needn't cost a whole lot of money but it is a darned good thing you asked here first about that one.

Furthermore: . . . and not to belabor my point, but I just went back and looked at your pictures again and noticed it is a Parker VH with a Parker Trojan buttstock which detracts even further from its lack of value.

Last edited by Dean Romig; 12-13-2009 at 12:31 AM..
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
John Teeters
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks for the honest opinion. That is what I was looking for from the members here.
John Teeters is offline   Reply With Quote