Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #41
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

It was the first week of my winter skeet league and I still have a bad taste in my mouth for DGC.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #42
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,557 Posts

FWIW Scottie couldn't have been more accomodating. A bunch of us were out shooting, and missed the lunch call. When we came in, he had the kitchen open up so we could get some warm food. (Which was much appreciated, especially for my grandsons)
John Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #43
TMallad
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks John! It seems c.o.b. is living up to his name. I think Scottie put on a nice shoot.
He was very thankful for the support from th PGCA and looks forward to having us back next year. Maybe even a Parker vs. Fox vs. L.C. Smith type venue.
Tom Mallad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #44
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

It's good to see you guys there in Michigan having some winter fun. Looks like it was colder for you than the New Year's Day Shoot was for us out here in the Northeast. Doesn't matter though, as long as everybody burns his share of powder and has a great time.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #45
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,557 Posts

Funny how burning gunpowder warms your soul.
John Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #46
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Got that right John! And if you can do it with a young person its all that much better. I really enjoy the time I spend with my son shooting/hunting.
Unread 01-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #47
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

I had a different take on Scottie and lunch. When I ask one of the girls she went down and talked to Scottie. He said to me " didn't you read the board - it says lunch from 11:30 to 1. You're out of luck ". It wasn't Scottie who got us lunch, but the ladies who take care of the kitchen. I personally think he was quite rude and had no reason for acting in that manner. A number of years ago at our club when we put on NSCA shoots one of our members was mean to a big name shooter. He let his feelings be known to everyone and it really hurt attendance after that and I believe it still does to this day. We don't do NSCA events anymore but SxS shoots. I stress to everyone of our members how important it is that everyone at all times be polite because it only takes one time to ruin everything and get a bad reputation again. We've been working 10 years trying to overcome something one puller [ an adult ] did. Their are many who don't shoot at a club, but if they hear through the grapevine it's an unpleasant place to shoot at, they won't come. A member at my club, Tyler, of Tyler Traps, who sold all the machines to DGC and knows Scottie quite well just laughed and said " that's Scottie , you gotta know him". I don't think so. Paul
Paul Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Paul Harm's homepage!
Unread 01-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #48
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Harm View Post
I had a different take on Scottie and lunch. When I ask one of the girls she went down and talked to Scottie. He said to me " didn't you read the board - it says lunch from 11:30 to 1. You're out of luck ". It wasn't Scottie who got us lunch, but the ladies who take care of the kitchen. I personally think he was quite rude and had no reason for acting in that manner. A number of years ago at our club when we put on NSCA shoots one of our members was mean to a big name shooter. He let his feelings be known to everyone and it really hurt attendance after that and I believe it still does to this day. We don't do NSCA events anymore but SxS shoots. I stress to everyone of out members how important it is that everyone at all times be polite because it only takes one time to ruin everything and get a bad reputation again. We've been working 10 years trying to overcome something one puller [ an adult ] did. There's many who don't shoot at a club, but if they hear through the grapevine it's an unpleasant place to shoot at, they won't come. A member at my club, Tyler, of Tyler Traps, who sold all the machines to DGC and knows Scottie quite well just laughed and said " that's Scottie , you gotta know him". I don't think so. Paul
I agree with Paul as I was there when she said that and Scottie left right after that outside . That waitress and the other girls went above the call of duty cause I saw the plates they dished up for you guys. When Terry and I manned the table I went over and asked if I could have a cup of coffee that was on the bar, the answer, yes for $1.60 The members that I met were very nice and asked questions but Scottie.. he could turn me off from the club. My 2 cents. Eric
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote