Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 05-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #11
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,797 Times in 3,968 Posts

BILL heresJOHN MILLARS address and phone no.... JOHN MILLAR PO BOX 65 DANVILLE WA. 99121 PHONE 250 442 5616...... THERE IS ALSO A 2 PIECE SET OF DIES MADE BY C H TOOL AND DIE 711 NORTH SANDUSKY STREET PO BOX MT. VERNON OHIO 43050-0889 PHONE740 379 7214.... LETus know how you come out.....bill i talked to some of the fellows a few years back about the mec loaders being turned to 8 ga and they said in the few hundred dollar range but i never could get one.... george call tom arbrust about shells....even i can help you but my squezing of the brass is not as pretty as toms but they work fine in my guns.... charlie..
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
WC Scott pictures
Unread 05-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #12
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,293 Times in 862 Posts

Default WC Scott pictures

here are pictures from my iPhone
what is this monster?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WC bottom of action.jpg (517.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg WC forend key.jpg (512.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg WC left side view.jpg (503.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg WC opening lever opened.jpg (505.8 KB, 1 views)
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to George M. Purtill For Your Post:
Unread 05-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #13
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

nice gun GEORGElooks to be in good shape...have you fired this gun....these old field pieces were the long range guns in there hey day...i bet she still locks up like a bank vault and love those straight up rabbit ears....charlie
Unread 05-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #14
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,045 Times in 1,173 Posts

The loaded shells from Tom Armbrust are excellent, he loads in the clear Winchester hulls which are far superior to the other types. He'll do anything you want from heavy hunting loads to light target loads.

Bill I seriously doubt that Remington or Winchester did a special run of hulls for Gamebore. The amount of loaded 8 gauge shells they sell is tiny. They're actually loaded as an almost cottage industry, they don't load them at the factory. They approached my friend Barry several years ago about doing a run of short 10 gauge shells for them.

As far as loading gear from Alan Myers, anything me makes or sells is very expensive. It's top quality, but he's proud of it to say the lead. Just as an example, his loaded 4 gauge shells are something like 250 pounds for a box of 25. Plus he's in England and doesn't have a website last account I had.

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #15
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,999 Times in 1,448 Posts

Destry is spot on Tom's shells are excellent. I shot my first Turkey with my 8 gauge on Thursday in NEW Mexico. This is the best picture you get when you leave your data card in the computer instead of having it in the camera.
PS ( no one tell my wife she is a celebrity on the Parker Forum. I told her to hold the gun while she was on the phone with my daughter.) Looks like I will be cooking dinner tomorrow night.

Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Armbrust shells
Unread 05-06-2012, 06:50 AM   #16
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,293 Times in 862 Posts

Default Armbrust shells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destry L. Hoffard View Post
The loaded shells from Tom Armbrust are excellent, he loads in the clear Winchester hulls which are far superior to the other types. He'll do anything you want from heavy hunting loads to light target loads.

Destry
Destry
where does one shop for Tom's shells. I googled him but came up with nothing but archived articles. Thanks in advance.
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #17
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

phil lovely picture....what brand of gun is the 8 ga..looks to have 32 inch barrels...you are rite tom arbrust shells are really great ive also killed turkey and even a deer with his shells...i now load my own but use his info on loading....dont a turkey just have the best looking breast meat... at what range did you shoot this turkey and what load did you use... i like to hear of other fellas usingtheir 8 gas on game.... charlie
Unread 07-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #18
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,364 Times in 4,429 Posts

This is making me hungry
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #19
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,999 Times in 1,448 Posts

Charlie somehow I missed your question when you posted. This WC Scott and Son has 34 1/2 inch barrels. I used number 4's in the right barrel and number 2's in the left. It was a Jake, but the calling was hard. So I was happy just to have an opportunity to take a bird. Warm weather seemed to have shut them down. I took the bird at an estimate of a little over 40 yards. I had a tough shot but I felt confident I could take the bird. I shot the right barrel with the 4's as he came down a brushy ridge line. As soon as I fired he took to fight off the little ridge. Not sure if it was really needed but he dropped immediately upon firing the left barrel. The shells were loaded by Tom and I believe were loaded with 1 7/8 of shot.
I cooked the breast in a Cranberry Port wine reduction sauce. Turned out wonderful with Some Garlic mashed potatoes, and a nice garden salad
Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #20
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

george there was some one on here that had several boxes of 8 ga for sale not long ago maybe they will speak up...if you want to load your own its easy and does not cost very much after you have the hulls....look under some of the old 8 ga reload stuff here andmaybe youll find who had the shells and read some of the reloading tips if you decide to reload...i will also look at the old files on the 8 ga...maybe bill can help us.... charlie