Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-04-2018, 09:21 PM   #21
Tom Flanigan
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,253 Times in 425 Posts

Reality shows are really garbage. Especially the couple of wilderness survival shows I watched. I can't watch them anymore. They are incredible phoney. I take three trips a year to the Rockies in Colorado to catch the greenback cutthroat trout which only exist above about 12,000 feet. I spend five days alone on a high peak that is 13,300 feet. I take no food and forage for edible greens and eat brook trout for five days that I bring to altitude with me. I know all about survival in a hostile environment and what I need to do to stay out of trouble.

I watched one show that where the "survivalist" stated many things that were dangerously wrong. I couldn't believe it. What he said could get someone in big trouble.
The guy knew nothing about survival in an area far away from the nearest human. I turned the show off when he made a big deal about catching a brook trout. He took the live trout, bit the head off and then ate it whole. What utter nonsense. I'm sure he was at a low altitude location with many people filming. The fact that they put a jerk like that on and called him a survival expert really got to me. Horrible!! It still pisses me off when I think about it.
Tom Flanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tom Flanigan For Your Post: