Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Made in USA Canvas Shoes......
Unread 08-29-2022, 09:08 PM   #1
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,045 Times in 1,173 Posts

Default Made in USA Canvas Shoes......

For the past several years I've been slowly replacing shoes, because my damn feet have gotten larger as I've aged. It's a thing apparently, look it up.....

I've gone from a 12D to a 13EEE or sometimes a 14 even! So a lot of my long time shoes are now a bit tight for comfort unfortunatly.

I've looked a long time for a pair of light canvas shooting shoes (think dove and squirrel hunting in hot weather) that were made in the USA. The only ones that I could find were P.F. Flyers but they didn't really come in any colors that I thought were shooting appropriate, and now they've completely dropped their USA made line sadly.

The other day I was doing a little Google work and came onto the ones shown below. They're made by a veteran owned company in Texas called Woobies. Not life changingly expensive either, at around $100 (on sale) to $140 full price. They're kinda like overbuilt military grade Chuck Taylor lowtop basketball shoes, most folks remember those from younger years.

I've been wearing them for a couple days now and really like them, they need a little breaking in but I think they're just what the doctor ordered.

Just sharing here, if you guys don't think this is appropriate for the site please let me know. You've all heard me howl against foreign made products, so when I find something that seems to work for hunting / shooting purposes I like to spread the word.

https://woobiesshoes.com/collections/shoes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220829_210514.jpg (563.9 KB, 9 views)
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV

Last edited by Destry L. Hoffard; 08-29-2022 at 11:51 PM..
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2022, 11:31 PM   #2
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,948 Times in 1,437 Posts

I guess I will keep checking back at their website. No 10.5 size anything. I really liked their shoes design.
Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2022, 11:50 PM   #3
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Yeah I got lucky and they had 14s in stock. I think there's a click you can make to sign up for an alert when they restock a size.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Unread 08-30-2022, 12:13 AM   #4
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,948 Times in 1,437 Posts

Thanks Destry. I hadn’t noticed. I Just signed up for notification.
Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2022, 06:56 AM   #5
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,900 Times in 4,771 Posts

That's a good looking shoe, in a great outdoorsy color. I recently got the $140 alert when I purchased Ortho-Feet canvas shoes. I don't know where they are made, but I bet it's not USA. OK, Southern China.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2022, 07:47 AM   #6
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,132 Posts

Those look good. I'm looking for something similar but in hightop style.
Stan Hillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2022, 07:48 AM   #7
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Good tip and much appreciated Destry. Side note received email overnight Russell Moccasin has been sold. New owner sounds committed to continue the Line. Hope so.

William
William Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to William Davis For Your Post:
Unread 08-30-2022, 08:09 AM   #8
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

I think they've done some hightops in the past.
The Following User Says Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 08-30-2022, 11:08 AM   #9
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,796 Times in 3,967 Posts

thanks for the heads up on these shoes....in time as you grow older your feet will shrink some....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2022, 03:10 PM   #10
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

I wish they would shrink, then I could fit into my Russell Birdshooters and Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots again......