Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Winchester Model 21-LOP
Unread 11-01-2021, 09:00 PM   #1
John Bastiani
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Winchester Model 21-LOP

I'm looking at buying a Model 21 -Grand American 20ga. that has a Length of Pull of 16 1/4 inches. The factory letter also states this as well. I have never seen a model 21 or any other gun with such a long LOP and was wondering how this might affect the value? Personally I feel that it might be a hard mover when you decide to sell. I know that a short LOP can hurt values considerbly sometimes but I have never dealt with a shotgun with a LOP over 14 3/4 inches. Anyway-I like some opinions and your thinking on the LOP.
John Bastiani is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Bastiani For Your Post:
Unread 11-02-2021, 02:22 AM   #2
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,854 Times in 4,747 Posts

An exceptional Model 21, great woodwork by John Durkin, lots of great gold figures. An easy transition to remove the leather covered pad if you can't shoot the long stock. I have a pair of William Evans sidelocks with 16 1/2" stocks to checkered wood butts that I have no trouble shooting. I just can't bear to saw them off to a more traditional length. I would kill for that 21.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2021, 09:40 AM   #3
John Bastiani
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
An exceptional Model 21, great woodwork by John Durkin, lots of great gold figures. An easy transition to remove the leather covered pad if you can't shoot the long stock. I have a pair of William Evans sidelocks with 16 1/2" stocks to checkered wood butts that I have no trouble shooting. I just can't bear to saw them off to a more traditional length. I would kill for that 21.
I think the engraving was done by Nick Kusmit whom I have had an original Model 12 Pigeon grade-number 5 that was done by him. Also forgot to add that both barrels are 26" which I was hoping that one barrel was 28". That might hurt the value alittle too as most people like the longer barrels these days. I wouldn't saw off any wood either because the factory letter states it came with a 16 1/4 inch LOP.
John Bastiani is offline   Reply With Quote