Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Restoration

Notices

Unread 03-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #21
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Harlow View Post
Dean,

That is a perfect bird gun. Given its history, it is a gun worthy of The Parker Story; too bad it was not available back then.

The wood is so beautiful I would be afraid to use it in fear of scratching it. Can't wait to see the barrels refinished. Are the chokes and length still intact? As someone wrote before, 20 gauge Damascus is hardly ever seen.
Thanks Jerry - the barrel length and chokes are exactly as stated in the letter (Phew!) and it will definitely be a 'fair weather' bird gun. I truly love these small bore graded Damascus Parkers.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #22
OLD GEEZER
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,550 Times in 504 Posts

Dean: I bet the seller has some sellers remorse.I really like that set up. I wished I owned it. Thomas
Thomas L. Benson Sr. is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thomas L. Benson Sr. For Your Post:
Unread 03-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #23
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,099 Posts

Dean ,I am getting in on this post late as usual ,She's a Beauty ,Wonderful Wood ! I just sent my latest addition ,a DH 20 Dam. Gun out to Jerry to have Her cleaned up a bit ,it was a scroungy looking Gun also ,I just posted pics. of it a couple weeks ago ,it came from Cabelas in Texas ,I think She is a Diamond in the Rough ,I hope She turns out as nice as yours ! Congratulations on a Fine Parker ! Russ
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russ Jackson For Your Post:
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #24
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Dean take her int the coverts that's what Parker made it for. Whats a few scratches? They add character and stories. I can see it now, your at Grouse Camp and your grandsons asks "Grampy why does the stock have that big scratch?" The reply is "Well Jr I was fighting the brambles trying to get through as the the dog (I know you don't have one) was solidly on point for 5 min and time was running out, that bird wasn't going to hold all day. There was an old bard wire fence I didn't see and one of the barbs caught my Filson pants and as I fought my way free I lost my footing on a moss covered rock. As I fell the bird flushed and I got off one hurried shot but the gun landed angainst that damn fence and thats how the scratch got there". "Did you get the bird Grampy"? "No I didn't but I'll NEVER forget that bird".
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich Anderson For Your Post:
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #25
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

Somehow, the "Gallant Grouse" that seem to elude us are the more memorable. We doff our hats to them and swear out a vengence against them for the next time we are brought together. There are literally hundreds at whom I have sworn time and again.... a vengence, that is...

And, Yes, I will shoot (at) grouse and woodcock with this great little Parker. And I will think of Adm. Perry when I bring it and try to imagine what his hunts must have been like... If only these old guns could talk
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #26
John Havard
PGCA Member

Member Info

What a neat gun with wonderful provenance Dean. Thanks for sharing it with us. Good luck shooting it this fall!
Visit John Havard's homepage!