Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

2011 Annual Meeting
Unread 03-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
Twice Shooter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default 2011 Annual Meeting

Annual Banquet - 2011

2011 ANNUAL MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

Meeting and Banquet:

September 9, 10 & 11 in Louisville Ky. in conjunction with the Louisville Gun Show.

Lodging:

The PGCA will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at:

2735 Crittenden Drive
Louisville, Kentucky, USA, 40209
1-502-637-2424

The room rate is $89 per night and $5.95 for breakfast (suggest adding) for a total of $94.95 per night. The PGCA has 50 rooms reserved. Callers to the hotel will need to mentioned "Parker Gun Collectors Association" to obtain our special rate of $89 per night with the $5.95 per day breakfast coupon. The breakfast coupons are half price for our group.

Banquet:

The PGCA Banquet will be held on the evening of Saturday, September 10th. located at the beautiful Frazier Museum. Tickets for the banquet will be $65 per person, until 9/10/2011, including the buffet meal, silent auction and guest speaker (TBA). A wonderful caterer lined up with food that should be outstanding!

The Banquet Theme:

The theme for this year’s Parker showing during the banquet will be the "C" Grade gun. This will include both hammer and hammerless models.

The People's Choice Award will once again be back at the banquet and members will have the opportunity to display their C grade guns. We are looking forward to a wonderful display!

The PGCA Silent Auction:

The Silent Auction has been extremely successful in generating much needed revenue for the PGCA and has included some wonderful donations of auction items from both PGCA Members as well as from businesses that specialize in sporting related products.

Please look around at your accumulations of shooting and sporting equipment for anything you thought you needed but find you can do without and let Dean Romig or Larry Frey know what you would like to donate.

PGCA Headquarters:

The PGCA headquarters will be at the gun show itself and the organization will have four tables manned by BOD and other members for the sale of raffle tickets, memberships, etc.

The PGCA has arranged for members tables to be available at the Louisville Gun show. These tables will be sold by Ron Dickson, the Louisville gun show promoter. Information about the purchase of these tables will be circulated in the next issue of the Parker Pages. Tables will be sold on a first come first served basis and all tables in the PGCA exhibit must contain only Parker guns or other Parker Brothers merchandise. Tables will be $65 for display, and $105 for a sales table.
Tom Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tom Carter For Your Post:
Unread 04-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,194 Posts

Why are the only rooms available in the Parker block Kings? No twins or two queens? I had to reserve two queens for $115 rate. Eric
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
JLoew
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,216 Times in 835 Posts

Eric,

You have no idea about the absolute incompetence I am dealing with at this hotel. I have another call in to the person handling our room block and will get this fixed (again). Maybe the second time is the charm??? Sorry for the confusion.

More to follow....

thanks!
Josh
Josh Loewensteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #4
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanks Josh and yes I do understand after talking to them " You have no idea about the absolute incompetence I am dealing with at this hotel" I made the reservation anyway just in case.... Eric
Unread 04-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #5
JLoew
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,216 Times in 835 Posts

All-

I have talked to the hotel staff (again) and have been reassured that there are double beds available in our room block. You should also be able to change any existing reservations for double beds if needed at this time.

Thank you!
Josh
Josh Loewensteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Good luck to all 45 minites with their reservation call center I got the reservation for two doubles. I would recomend calling the front desk instead of asking for reservations as that is a call center somewhere in India.... While I was on hold called the hotel and talked to an asst. manager who was very helpful but right then the call center came back on the line and confirmed me at the $89 rate so talk to the front desk.. Eric
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
Mike K
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Tom,

I plan to attend this weekend but just happened to go to the gun show site and they say the show is Sept 10 & 11, yet this thread says it starts on the 9th. Is it 9 or 10?
Mike Kobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Mike I maybe mistaken but I think Friday is setup 3-8pm and doors open to public on Sat and Sun. Hope to see you there. Eric