Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Restoration

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
The highest quality Parker grip caps are now available.
Unread 02-27-2020, 02:04 PM   #1
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,424 Times in 4,595 Posts

Default The highest quality Parker grip caps are now available.

One issue that can exist with making reproductions of buttplates and grip caps is that they are molded from original examples. And though the absolute best examples are sought after to make molds from, the manufacturer often has to settle for the best that they can find until something better comes along.
Since these parts are individually fitted to each gun, they can vary in size from gun to gun. So an original being molded for reproduction runs the chance of being on the smaller side of what someone may encounter in a sampling of guns. You just dont know how it will compare.

Unless one has the opportunity to mold a brand new never fitted part which is what happened here.

I was able to obtain a brand new, never fitted Parker Bros. marked grip cap last year. It was an amazing specimen with a full square edged flange around its full circumference.
I supplied this cap to my manufacturer of caps and plates to make a mold from. And now I have them available to use on my restock/service jobs or to sell outright. My supplier is a wholesaler only who supplies the industry of gunsmiths. Not to individual retail customers.

This cap is a reproduction of the large size Parker Bros marked capped which was used from just after 1900 up to the move to Ilion in 1937.
The detail in the cap is incredible. It truly compares to new old stock and is far superior to any other Parker Bros cap available from the usual retail outlets for caps and plates.

CDAD60D7-2A11-4F88-BF36-E02DB6FE47AA.jpg
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!