Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Unread 11-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,045 Times in 1,173 Posts

Kinda funny, I'd not owned one of those Herters floaters in years and I just bought one this morning amongst a bunch of other vintage plastic decoys. Do you need another one?

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #12
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,543 Times in 1,667 Posts

I have a couple dozen geese and at least four dozen mallards and a dozen wigeon all burlap covered. I have retired them all except the geese---went to Dakota plastic---much lighter and more durable----I still have three dozen LL Bean mallards and blacks I bought in 1971---my poor son getting rid of all my duck stuff when I check out----the hollow plastic Herters geese are the best they move on the slightest breeze----but thanks for the offer on the geese.
Craig Larter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #13
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,045 Times in 1,173 Posts

Once in awhile you see something you've never seen before. What got me to buy this rig of vintage plastics was it included ten Trendecoy Brand widgeons. I owned an original flyer from the company at one time and they were pictured but I'd never seen any of that species in person. It was a short lived company out of Whitehouse, Florida during the late 60's or early 70's. Don't know what they're worth but I guess I'm gonna find out.

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote