Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 04-07-2019, 11:51 AM   #51
Dr Bob
PGCA Member

Member Info

I use Steve Boyett & Associates (www.antiqueguninsurance.com). The coverage is complete for travel, shipping, etc. Coverage is $150/$100,000. As far as coverage and cost this is the best I have found. In terms of records of payouts, I have none.

Last edited by Bob Decker; 04-07-2019 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Bob Decker is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Bob Decker's homepage!
Unread 04-07-2019, 12:09 PM   #52
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

It was $50,000 when I bought mine
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2019, 07:03 AM   #53
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Carmichael Sr View Post
Eastern, has my business, and yes the lady is Laura Sewall, One thing that you need to know about Eastern, if your gun is over a certain amount you will need to have an appraisal letter for that gun, do not know what the limit is but my AA hammer gun had to have one, Gary
Gary it's $50,000
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2019, 10:29 AM   #54
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,304 Times in 445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
I wonder why Paul couldn't go back to the dealer or individual who sold him the stolen gun. I have heard of similar situations and the unlucky buyer was able to recover from the seller. In turn, the seller can go back to his source. One of our members bought a stolen high grade Superposed several years ago and recovery was a piece of cake, happening very quickly.
It's a long story, but the short of it is: I did approach the seller and he basically told me it was my problem to work out with the Maine court system. He was banking on the fact that he was in Maine & I'm in Colorado where the overall money involved wouldn't justify lawyering-up to pursue. I do have a court ordered restitution against the thief's that stole the gun. I know that I'll never see a dime from that either, the people that stole the gun aren't the type to pay-up even if it is court ordered.

I was the lucky one in all of this, there was another gun stolen at the same time and the guy that bought is out $12,500.00

I probably should take the time and post a thread telling the whole story to shed some light on some of the things that can come up when buying guns on-line.
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2019, 11:48 AM   #55
Phil Yearout
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,038 Times in 1,070 Posts

I have the Eastern blanket coverage plan which covers up to $45K; costs me $150.00 per year. I just spoke with Laura at Eastern; once you pay for a gun and the seller has accepted your payment the gun is covered so no need to add insurance coverage during shipment. If the purchase puts you over your blanket amount you need to call her and increase your coverage. If the gun is over $10k you do need to have it scheduled.
Unread 04-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #56
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

By "scheduled" I presume you mean fully described, including the serial number?

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2019, 12:01 PM   #57
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,669 Times in 1,861 Posts

[QUOTE=Dean Romig;271054]By "scheduled" I presume you mean fully described, including the serial number?

That would be correct Dean.
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 04-08-2019, 12:04 PM   #58
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Yearout View Post
I have the Eastern blanket coverage plan which covers up to $45K; costs me $150.00 per year. I just spoke with Laura at Eastern; once you pay for a gun and the seller has accepted your payment the gun is covered so no need to add insurance coverage during shipment. If the purchase puts you over your blanket amount you need to call her and increase your coverage. If the gun is over $10k you do need to have it scheduled.
Some folks do insure up to their deductible amount through the carrier. Not a big deal but if you have a $1,000 or $2,500 deductible you may want to consider it.
Unread 04-08-2019, 12:25 PM   #59
Phil Yearout
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,038 Times in 1,070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts View Post
Some folks do insure up to their deductible amount through the carrier. Not a big deal but if you have a $1,000 or $2,500 deductible you may want to consider it.
Good point. Mine's only $100 so I probably wouldn't. Here's another dumb question: I've never returned a gun I've bought, but if you do, does it have to go to an FFL or can it go straight back to the sender?
Unread 04-08-2019, 12:44 PM   #60
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Yearout View Post
Good point. Mine's only $100 so I probably wouldn't. Here's another dumb question: I've never returned a gun I've bought, but if you do, does it have to go to an FFL or can it go straight back to the sender?
Unless this has changed without my knowledge of it the rule was always that a nonlicensee could mail a rifle or shotgun to a resident of their State or to a licensee of any State.