Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

HERE FOM MERIDEN,CT !!!!!!
Unread 02-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #1
james meyer
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default HERE FOM MERIDEN,CT !!!!!!

hey everybody im new here and happen to be from meriden,ct the home of the parker gun we all know and love. i got my first one a few weeks ago down at the stamford ct show and the local parker club members checked it out for me to make sure i wasnt buying a junk gun and i would like to thank them! what i bought was a really nice condition 1915 parker trojan the guys measured the bores, ring tested it and checked the #'s for me and the said it was in great condition. i have since found a few other parkers around in various conditions and i will probably pick up a damascus one next!

my dad also has 2 of these as well his are of a better grade than mine with some engraving on them. im still learning otherwise i would know more about them.

ps how come i cant look at the ads for sale and wanted ads? my dad needs the part that goes at the end of the stock its cracked on one of his guns.
james meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #2
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,099 Posts

Hello James and Welcome aboard ,You will surely enjoy your new Parker and I am sure you will enjoy our site ! The reason you can't see the " For Sale " section is ,it is open to PGCA members only ! We would all like to extend an Open Invitation to join the PGCA , it will be the best $40.00 you will ever spend ! Best ; Russ
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 05:55 AM   #3
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,191 Times in 12,368 Posts

Hi James, It's good to see that you found our website. I was one of the guys who helped you with your purchase of the Trojan and we all were very glad to help you.
Until you get to know more about old SXS sgotguns I would recommend that you go slowly and before buying another ask questions here and we'll give you the best advice we can. Pictures are always the best way to determine a gun's condition so please take several high-quality pics of guns you are considering.

I agree with Russ - it will be the best $40 you spend this year.

Dean
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Hey James! Welcome to the PGCA website! This is Dave another one of the guys that helped you out in Stamford. Dean gives good advice..go slow and we we will all be glad to help you out as much as we can. There is a lot of knowledgeable guys here and some fun to be had also.
Think about joining the PGCA as its a great value for the $.

Oh by the way you will be mentioned in the next issue of Parker Pages in the article about the Stamford Show....

Stick around we are glad to have ya...