Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Foxgets the game....(-:
Unread 01-06-2019, 02:07 PM   #1
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,909 Times in 534 Posts

Default Foxgets the game....(-:

I took my Sterly 30" 16 gauge out today...had a nice walk with my setter. We moved 4 roosters and one hen. The first two flushed by Ruby after a solid point and the birds moved, then she pushed it up out of shotgun range...)-: The next flush my dog was hunting slow and very birdy, the rooster was running ahead. She kept working it and it flushed this time it was a left to right crosser in range! One shot, down! At the shot I saw a deer flush in front of me, then a second rooster followed the first one....I knew I missed when I pulled the rear trigger. I wanted that bird!, but my gun was now empty..)-: I have been trying to get my two bird limit at this spot all season with no luck as yet. 4 hunts and 4 birds and always a story why I did not get my second bird. These birds have been out for some time and have gotten very wild! Its a good challenge for sure, SXS Ohio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0765.jpg (522.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0766.jpg (542.5 KB, 8 views)
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2019, 07:33 PM   #2
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

really nice phez and a great looking gun...does the comb riser help hitting the birds....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2019, 06:23 AM   #3
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,909 Times in 534 Posts

This is one of the few low stocked guns I own. 30" Fox 16-s are scarce. One with .020/.034 chokes, is in like new condition, I just had to have it for roosters out west on them windy days! 6lbs-3oz so it carries all day. The comb riser is my doing, does not look the best but does the job perfectly. I got a price quote to have my gun restocked with nice American walnut and just cant justify 3K. That's what I have in the whole gun now. Restocking is still not off the table, I bought a second SW-16 for 1200.00 that has been restocked with hi wood that fits me good and I will try fit that stock to my 30" gun. Wish me luck that it fits up nice and tight. SXS Ohio
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote