Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
New Parker owner from Missouri.
Unread 05-18-2020, 12:32 PM   #1
Joe from MO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,121 Times in 422 Posts

Default New Parker owner from Missouri.

Hello all, thanks for letting me get signed up.

Just picked up my first Parker last week. It's a 1926 Parker Trojan 12ga with 30" M/F barrels. I had been looking for a decent Trojan or VH for many years now, that was not more than I wanted to spend. Finally ran across a nice Trojan a little over a week ago, and all I can say is I am very happy with the purchase. She's not perfect but in very good shootable condition, and best I can tell all original. Looks like a gun that was carried a lot, but maybe not shot so much.... Wood appears to be in original condition, same with metal. Locks up real tight, and barrels have a nice ring to them.

I have been slowing trying to pick up one of each of the great American SxS's over the last 5-6 years. I now own a 1926 AH Fox Sterlingworth 16ga Philly gun, that according to serial # is the 10,000 Fox SW 16ga. A nice LC Smith
FWT 16ga from 1940, A Lefever Nitro(not a real Lefever but an Ithaca) 16ga from 1946 that I bought for my son when he completed Nuke School with the Navy, this gun is all but new condition, and an Ithaca NID 12ga with 30" M/F chokes that is in excellent condition as well.

I know somewhere buried in this forum is a lot of good information on Parkers, I guess my first question would be, what are some solid pheasant/Duck loads people have shot in their Parkers. I don't want to over do it. RST Bismuth are $65 a box, but if that's best option, so be it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shotguns.jpg (202.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg AttheRange.jpg (443.9 KB, 5 views)