Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-07-2021, 07:35 PM   #21
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,669 Times in 1,861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Hoop View Post
Mr Beach, he shot right behind us at Mike’s on at least one round. He had a Piotti 20 that he shot very well.
Yes and If you remember Brett he was kind enough to give me some information on a Rem era 16 that he researched while in his hotel. I was surprised when he handed me the info the morning following our discussion, but that's Bob. What a gentleman.
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 02-18-2021, 08:38 AM   #22
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jurewicz View Post
Randy,
Please share the results of you inquiry here.
Thank you!
Bob Jurewicz
Gents I was able to speak to Paul at GH and can report that as of now they do not have a replacement for Bob. Sadly I have no words of encouragement at the moment as it seems to be in limbo. Maybe a little conversation at the Southern would help to generate some more interest in this area.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 02-18-2021, 10:10 AM   #23
John Bastiani
PGCA Member

Member Info

I hated to hear that Mr. Beach retired. I owned a gun that was sold by Griffin and Howe and Mr. Beach sent me several pages of information. The gun was one of Winchesters cheapest 22's- a model 69 but one of the rarer variations.(69 match) The 69's aren't serial numbered but there was a number stamped in the pistol grip. I found out that G&H did this when the manufacturer didn't serial number their guns. I called Mr. Beach and gave him all the information I had on the gun and in with a matter of days he called and said he had a treasure trove of information. I couldn't believe what Mr. Beach had uncovered. He had the original ledgers that listed every detail of the gun-bill of sale and even information on the gentleman who bought the gun. It turned out that the man was an olympian and he had purchased the gun in the 50's. The gun looked brand new and even had the original factory sling. I also had a Winchester model 52 sporter from the 1930's that was marked Griffin and Howe on the barrel but the records were incomplete for this gun. Anyway- I hope that G&H gets somebody that will research the records like Mr. Beach.
John Bastiani is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John Bastiani For Your Post:
Unread 02-18-2021, 10:19 AM   #24
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bastiani View Post
I hope that G&H gets somebody that will research the records like Mr. Beach.
I get your meaning John but that would be a tall order of the greatest magnitude. Filling Bobs shoes will be near impossible but I wish them the best. His work is a pleasure to read, detailed and comprehensive.
Unread 02-18-2021, 11:19 AM   #25
John Bastiani
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts View Post
I get your meaning John but that would be a tall order of the greatest magnitude. Filling Bobs shoes will be near impossible but I wish them the best. His work is a pleasure to read, detailed and comprehensive.
Your right! I have factory letters on several guns from different companies including Parker-Winchester-LC Smith-Browning and G&H but only Mr. Beach went far beyond the details of the gun through his comprehensive research thats you mention. I might also add that he was the only person that sounded like he was more excited than you to find out more info about your gun. You will definately be missed Mr. Beach. I hope somebody reaches out to this gentleman and lets him know how we feel about his service to the gun community.
John Bastiani is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Bastiani For Your Post:
Unread 02-18-2021, 11:34 AM   #26
High Brass
Forum Associate

Member Info

I recieved a wonderful package from Mr. Beach on my Mannlicher-Shoenauer carbine. It even included details of the steamship that carried it across the Atlantic. Complete with a copy of the cargo manifest that showed the exact location of the crate in the ships hold. Absolutely amazing. I was glad to be able to thank Mr. Beach in person a few years ago at Chuck Bishop's spring shoot. He is a true gentleman.
George Stanton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to George Stanton For Your Post:
Unread 02-22-2021, 03:12 PM   #27
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,345 Times in 4,421 Posts

I got a book of information on my PHE 12 gauge from Bob. He is a tough act to follow
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote