Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 01-29-2022, 05:32 PM   #11
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,430 Times in 1,647 Posts

Green Top in Virginia has has Remy Gun Clubs for $8.99. With shipping and tax it works out to $10. per box for me in NY.
It's really good to hear powder is becoming more available, I could use 8 pounds of Unique and Red Dot.
Local supplier has had Remy STS's and Federal Papers in stock for a while but price is $15.00
Craig Larter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2022, 06:31 PM   #12
J. Scott Hanes
PGCA Member

Member Info

The new HOA shell is formed in Lonoke and Remington-primed. Then it is sent to Anoka for loading and packing. At least for now...
J. Scott Hanes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J. Scott Hanes For Your Post:
Unread 01-29-2022, 08:39 PM   #13
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Srebro View Post
My crystal ball agrees with Andy's assessment for the "out period". Local supermarkets have shelves empty of staples like cream cheese, cereals, graham crackers, zip lock storage bags, etc because they're all on allocation; and we wonder and complain about pricings for the complex to make powder, primers and shells that do make it to the market? Free money, worker shortages, inflation, material supply issues, almost all the familiar commercial powders are now made at only one facility in the US, increased environmental scrutiny, and management having to jump thru hoops to offer workers more money and incentives while also trying to turn a dime for stockholders. I know many if not all of these are inter-related and in any case I think we're in the new normal. Just my assessment fwiw.
I also think we are a couple of years away from inventory at gun stores being what we knew as normal and the high prices may come down a little from their peak but they will be much higher than we saw prepandemic. Buy it when you see it if doesn't have a scalpers price tag.
Unread 01-30-2022, 10:35 AM   #14
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,906 Times in 2,688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Lester View Post
I also think we are a couple of years away from inventory at gun stores being what we knew as normal and the high prices may come down a little from their peak but they will be much higher than we saw prepandemic. Buy it when you see it if doesn't have a scalpers price tag.
Spot on Pete. Powder is starting to show up but it's still a way off from pre-PLANdemic inventories. Prices will come down as supply catches up to demand but as you said, not to previous prices. If a flat of shells was $65 in January 2021 and is $90 in January 2022, maybe we'll see them at $75-$80. Maybe. We all remember buying 5K 209 primers for around $110. We'll be lucky if in the future we pay only $200/5K. The good old days of cheap reloading are long gone once our older component stores are used up. BUT, it will still be cheaper than factory ammo. Definitely buy it when you see it and don't fret over shipping costs, that too is the "new normal" (I HATE that saying).
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!