Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Unread 02-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #51
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,030 Times in 1,164 Posts

You'll have to pardon me George, the shells must be worth $1500 each then.

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #52
George Lander
Forum Associate

Member Info

Well Destry: I didn't know they were worth that much! WOW! How many would you like to buy? I have seven.

Best Regards, George
George Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #53
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

I didn't know bored out double rifles were worth $50,0000 either, so ain't we both surprised.

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #54
George Lander
Forum Associate

Member Info

The history on the gun that I received from the family that consigned it to auction states that the gun was purchased by their great great grandfather from Reilly's shop in London. It goes on to say that he used it for waterfowling while in England and later on the Mississippi Flyway after returning to the U.S. It states that it was originally a 4 bore pinfire gun and he later returned it to Reilly to be converted to central fire. They have sent me several 4 bore pinfire brass cased shells that they later found in the home along with another cleaning rod set.

Destry, I have yet to hear you say anything positive regarding my posts. I have never met you, to my knowledge and for the life of me I can't understand your negativity. As we used to say in Uncle Sam's Navy: "Shape Up Or Ship Out"

Best Regards, George
George Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #55
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

The pinfire cases would be another fabulous rarity, just like the only known shotgun with a stalking safety setup. That is if the cases are all brass like you say. Since pinfire shells weren't made to be reloaded, all brass would have made for an awfully expensive throw away.

DLH
Unread 02-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #56
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,516 Times in 3,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destry L. Hoffard View Post
The pinfire cases would be another fabulous rarity, just like the only known shotgun with a stalking safety setup.
DLH
Only known? Hmmm, I've had 2, one a Steven Grant hammergun with individual stalking safeties, the other an H&H with tang mounted, above the safety.
The Grant was a Jones underlever with Perkes patent self cocking mechanism.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #57
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

I'm sure there are a few out there. To me that's a big bore rifle set up, maybe they were intended as round ball guns or had another set of barrels at one time. I'm really just giving our boy George a hard time for the most part, he loves it.......

DLH
Unread 02-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #58
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,516 Times in 3,096 Posts

The Grant was a 16, The Holland a 12, 30" 5# gun, so I doubt it was ever barreled with anything else as it was straight stocked, 1913 mfg.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote