Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 08-08-2016, 10:27 AM   #31
King Brown
Forum Associate

Member Info

As leading member of the British Commonwealth, Canada did similarly, Dean, and you and I are not separated as gun owners in our concerns for oppression and freedom. Canada's history of responsible citizenship, valour and sacrifice takes a back seat to none.

Canada developed differently from the US with an unforeseen consequence of a strong belief in our governance and institutions, not fearing responsible government---which Nova Scotia gave to the British North American colonies long ago.

The ballot worked wonderfully as expressions of a majority. No need for hoarding bullets for peace and good order of government as expressed this week on the other distinguished board. Those who don't believe in their country don't remain as citizens of a great nation.

Proof will be November. Americans believe in their country---and the ballot.
King Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2016, 10:31 AM   #32
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

I have yet to fall into the AR pit !

Although I have been contemplating a Stag Model 7 in 6.8 SPC for a few years . An AR-10 with two uppers one in 260 or 7-08 and a 338 Federal would also be nice .

But those rifles would be more for play and or enjoyment if I was ever to pull the trigger and actually buy .

For home defense I have the same two M1 Carbines that have been in the family for 50 plus years and a couple thousand rounds of factory ammo I've been picking up here and there when Jerry's or some other distributer had a good deal going

I've been more intrested in adding to my powder primer and shot collection . Projectiles for my rifles are pretty flush at the moment . Plenty jacketed stuff for my long range rifles and plenty lead and molds for my cast bullet shooters .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2016, 10:32 AM   #33
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Brown View Post
Paul, I don't see it the way you do---but that's okay. This one was lost long ago. Cultural change in democratic societies i.e. chewing and spitting tobacco, smoking in public places and currently vociferous social unrest with inequality.

Black and white may have worked in the Wild West. Our countries are changing at almost light speed. Finding accommodation for Reason is worrying multicultural worlds where isolation and leave-me-alone isn't the answer.

You are correct about the NRA playing the strongest role to protect US shooting interests in the money game. Political parties are unreliable. All the more reason to be wary of introducing arbitrary loyalty injunctions which divide our shooting fraternities.

We didn't do this in Canada and the result was reasonably satisfactory. We're a different culture, a different country and, looking at the circus south these days, whatever Canada is the US isn't. Sticking together is key.
Mr King,

How do you see it...? You don't live in the US, yet you expect us to take what you say as gospel Didn't you folks up in Canada have a gun registering law that cost the taxpayers ungodly amounts of money and if I remember you "agreed with that Law" and then the law got repealed .... !
I don't know you, but I haven't ever seen you post a comment about how to, or history about Parker shotguns or any other vintage shotgun on this board or others, so I ask you when it comes to politics can you keep your comments to yourself unless it's about Canada as I don't feel you have the right to discuss our rights and our Constitution.. Sorry Eric

Moderators, If I stepped over the edge go ahead and delete my post, but I am getting very tired of people outside of the USA telling me and my government what to do when they have no skin in the game....Eric
Mr King,
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2016, 11:03 AM   #34
King Brown
Forum Associate

Member Info

As a long-time contributor to the board, I can say there's no need to apologize to anyone for your post in general discussions etc. Nor is there an injunction of any kind for Canadians or any other nationality to post within the rules on this international board.

A previous federal government responding to a madman's massacre of female engineering students in Montreal imposed with its majority a gun registry which the succeeding federal government reversed with its majority because of its unfairness and ungodly cost.

I travel a lot and have lots of conversations in the US and overseas with Americans of every political stripe and conviction. A distinctive part of those conversations is almost invariably the comment from the Americans, "I wish we could talk this way at home."

This board is my home, Eric, with rights for me as other members. The fact that the US has been so polarized by its politics that citizens aren't talking to each other is no reason to migrate that nonsense to the board. Parker owners are better than that---and that's gospel!
Unread 08-08-2016, 11:05 AM   #35
Kensal Rise
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,577 Times in 926 Posts

[QUOTE=Eric Eis;199801 ...I am getting very tired of people outside of the USA telling me and my government what to do when they have no skin in the game....Eric [/QUOTE]

A prescient thought.

Kind of like François Hollande of France?

Who has inserted himself into the US election without invitation... And whose nation was overrun and occupied by a hostile foreign power twice within the 20th Century, alone. And is now losing scores of innocent residents and tourists to murderous "other invaders" on a weekly basis?

French gun laws really work! Or truck laws. Or knife laws...

Yep. Those of foreign geniuses sure know what's good for America...
John Campbell is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2016, 11:20 AM   #36
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Brown View Post
As a long-time contributor to the board, I can say there's no need to apologize to anyone for your post in general discussions etc. Nor is there an injunction of any kind for Canadians or any other nationality to post within the rules on this international board.

A previous federal government responding to a madman's massacre of female engineering students in Montreal imposed with its majority a gun registry which the succeeding federal government reversed with its majority because of its unfairness and ungodly cost.

I travel a lot and have lots of conversations in the US and overseas with Americans of every political stripe and conviction. A distinctive part of those conversations is almost invariably the comment from the Americans, "I wish we could talk this way at home."

This board is my home, Eric, with rights for me as other members. The fact that the US has been so polarized by its politics that citizens aren't talking to each other is no reason to migrate that nonsense to the board. Parker owners are better than that.
I'm sorry Mr. King, you are not even a member of the PGCA ("This board is my home, Eric, with rights for me as other member"),you have never helped anyone on the board with a Parker or double gun question. If and when I see you post to members questions about how to or what is this, instead of only your politics I might believe you, but I don't see that ! As to this board being your "Home" as you call it I haven't seen you post anything in regards to Parkers or side by sides.
Unread 08-08-2016, 12:47 PM   #37
King Brown
Forum Associate

Member Info

One doesn't have to be a PGCA member to feel at home in its forums, Eric. The Association welcomes participants to the board, whether paying annual and life members or not. The Association makes no distinction regarding participation aside from identifying membership status with posts. I've been both, an annual member and (mistakenly) life member with words emblazoned in gold in 1993 when the current PGCA was formed.

Your obligation to believe me is clear, in your own words, "if and when I see you post to members questions about how to or what is this . . ." Firstly, I observe Association rules to not engage in politics. Secondly. I contribute about guns when I can, only last week on Chris Dawe's splendid project.

You are also wrong to make less of me as "not even a member of the PGCA" as if only continuing annual-paying PGCA members have standing in these forums. PGCA doesn't administer its mandate so narrowly of sharing information. I've accepted your understanding now, with thanks.
Unread 08-08-2016, 01:26 PM   #38
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,157 Times in 3,260 Posts

ok

two countries - two traditions,
i doubt this is going to change any minds

and really----what the heck does this have to do with shotshell reloading
Unread 08-08-2016, 04:36 PM   #39
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

King, in a previous post you said -" We're a different culture, a different country and, looking at the circus south these days, whatever Canada is the US isn't. Sticking together is key. " I would rather " live in the circus south " any day and in any other country. Just so we understand, the international homicide rate is 4.9 per 100,000. The US rate is 2.9 per 100,000. We rate #28 in the world. I've seen your post on other boards and it's about the same as here. As far as I'm concerned, you can keep your Canadian guns views to yourself and sit back and watch the circus unfold between us Americans.
Visit Paul Harm's homepage!
Unread 08-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #40
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Harm View Post
King, in a previous post you said -" We're a different culture, a different country and, looking at the circus south these days, whatever Canada is the US isn't. Sticking together is key. " I would rather " live in the circus south " any day and in any other country. Just so we understand, the international homicide rate is 4.9 per 100,000. The US rate is 2.9 per 100,000. We rate #28 in the world. I've seen you post on other boards and it's about the same as here. As far as I'm concerned, you can keep your Canadian guns views to yourself and sit back and watch the circus unfold between us Americans.
Could not have said it better Paul.
I guess you and I just don't like ..... what's the word we are searching for , oh yeah "Troll". Mr Brown your add nothing to this board, you just stir the pot, and yes King I l looked at your previous posts and as I said before you have not added any information or asked/answered a legitimate question about Parkers or double guns on this board. What I have read about you on other boards I guess is true. And I just realized Mr. Brown that you sucessfully baited me into this argument so I will not respond to you on this thread anymore, and hopefully you will stay in Canada and keep your opinions about gun control in the US to yourself as this is the US and not Canada, and as I have said before you have no skin or rights in this game....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post: