Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Paper, Memorabilia and Books

Notices

2011 MB Calendar Fubars- No Big Deal
Unread 06-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default 2011 MB Calendar Fubars- No Big Deal

For those of us Parkerites whom attended the recent Yooper, Father's Day weekend at Sagola- thanks to all the fine vendors and some of their 'extras"- The RGS (I'm not a member) sold their blaze orange lanyards for a song ($1.00 even up) a bargain, for holding your shoot card around your neck- semi dog-tag style-- Brian from New Era and three free shells with one of his business cards- great promo- Jon Hosford and his no-charge checky-checky on your gun barrels- and big man Mark B. from the Born Again Doubles gruppen in nearby WI-

Nice freebie 2011 calendars Mark, great promo- But, as a Honorary member of the 1912 Titanic Olymp[ic swim team, you had that great Fubar listed as happening on July 12th, 1910-- It really occured on the night of April 12th, 1910- when the good RMS Captain Smith decided to take on ice for the First Class punchbowls I guess- so anyway, you had the right Church, just the wrong pew, as my Granddaddy was fond of sayin'- My great-Grandfather on me muther's side- Seamus- was a millwright for Harlan and Wolfe in Belfast- was many of the hundreds of laborers who helped to build that ill-fated ship--

I'll pass on any comment on the LumberJacking Lady with the short shorts, but to my mind, a Lady who looks like a Lady should was Mrs. Buckingham, pictured at the back of the catalog at Beaver Dam, dressed properly for that time and era, with a fine bag o mallards, and holding another ill-fated item designed by man- the "Window Making" Winchester Model 11 semi-autoloader with the knurled barrel section-

In the GBE book "The Best of Nash Buckingham" (as if there were any 'worst of Nash Buckingham ever, even in Munster or Dusseldorf, where 'worst' is favored highly-- Nash describes his spouse as the beautiful star of the evening- La Belle Etoile-- or, if you prefer- Der schone Stern des Abends--

Last edited by Francis Morin; 06-28-2010 at 10:42 AM..
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
Harry Collins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,757 Times in 732 Posts

Francis,

A friend of mine's mother was born April 12, 1910. She was absolved of all charges.

Harry
Harry Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Yup- and Mark Beasland ain't alone on the errors
Unread 06-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Yup- and Mark Beasland ain't alone on the errors

Just got my issue of the Parker pages- missed the Southern (love Bluegrass and Southern cookin') but on page 21- I believe the lovely Lady featured in the center foto is Linda Murphy, not Murphey?? Then we slide over to page 32 o de same issue- foto of some Parker-Dudes- standing to the right of the most distinguished Arthur Wheaton is a bespectacled gent a wearin' UPS issue shorts- but Murphey-??

Even my favorite cordovan saddle oxfords have it spelled right- Johnson & Murphy- No Irish surnames in the Guiness records books have ever been spelled Murphey or even Murphie- what gives here- do we need a Mick on the Masthead to proof read now?? Faith and begorah- us Irish know a lot about proofs- 80 proof Bushmills, 86 Proof Feckin, 80 proof Tullamore Dew and the like--Trust an old bog trottin' Mick to see that, hey??

Last edited by Francis Morin; 06-29-2010 at 07:36 AM..
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 09:01 AM   #4
Lee St.Clair
Forum Associate

Member Info

You are a hoot Mr Morin. I may have to make that drive just to visist my parker and meet you!! smiles.
Lee St.Clair is offline   Reply With Quote