Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Legacy
Unread 11-09-2020, 07:36 PM   #1
Dean Hanson
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default Legacy

Hello All, As most of you know I'm mostly quiet, less ya meet me in person over a single malt.... or Pheasant Fest. Just a basic Parker collector... with incredible aspirations. I would love to know and or start a thread about the future. I have given away a 12, 16, and 20 gauge within the last 5 years. Tough to afford on my budget... but i dont care. Also brought on board 3 others to our great endeavor. It is my responsibility to help others understand and appreciate my passion. Our passion. Would love to hear stories and tales of how you helped someone find the Parker path... Thank you all.... to helping me with mine

Be Well, Dean
Unread 11-09-2020, 08:34 PM   #2
Matt Buckley
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,182 Times in 260 Posts

I would like to say that as probably one of the younger members (38) of the PGCA I have been very fortunate to have fellow members sell me and trade me Parkers for what I believe is well under there value to help me with my collection. I can't say enough good things about our membership. Whenever I need help finding things from reloading supplies to gun books, to whatever Parker the group has not let me down. Thank you for a top notch organization and top notch forum. A special thanks to good friend and fellow member Jim Beilke for starting me in this double gun addiction.
Matt Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2020, 06:52 PM   #3
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,181 Times in 12,364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean H Hanson View Post
Hello All, As most of you know I'm mostly quiet, less ya meet me in person over a single malt.... or Pheasant Fest. Just a basic Parker collector... with incredible aspirations. I would love to know and or start a thread about the future. I have given away a 12, 16, and 20 gauge within the last 5 years. Tough to afford on my budget... but i dont care. Also brought on board 3 others to our great endeavor. It is my responsibility to help others understand and appreciate my passion. Our passion. Would love to hear stories and tales of how you helped someone find the Parker path... Thank you all.... to helping me with mine

Be Well, Dean

Dean, congratulations on your endeavor to share your appreciation of the Parker Gun and effectively all things Parker. Our interest, or should I say ‘passion,’ in collectind and enjoying not just Parkers, but anything and everything associated with these passions, should always be shared and encouraged. You sir are a shining light - a beacon - for all of our various collecting groups.

I encourage anyone who is able, to emulate you in this... especially to bring in younger people to our fold.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 11-10-2020, 09:31 PM   #4
Chris Robenalt
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,061 Times in 283 Posts

I've always been a Fox guy until I started flirting with Parkers on the gun tables at the shows. It wasn't long before I was romanced by Miss Parker. I was finally able to buy a VH16, and then a VH20 from my close friend Dave Miller, who collects and sells. A couple close friends of mine, both PGCA members, Dale Medders and Phil Carr told me my next step was to join the PGCA. I finally did a few years ago, and have never regreted it. I love posting pics and sharing stories of guns and hunts with all of you! I've learned so much from this great forum. I'm restoring a Parker for my brother n law. He's a recent convert to the sxs world, as Ive already hooked him up with a Lefever and a Fox. This will be his first Parker. I plan on bringing him aboard soon, and let him experience all the good that I have from this great organization! He will most definitely be another asset to this fine association.

Chris, AZ
Chris Robenalt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris Robenalt For Your Post:
Unread 11-11-2020, 05:06 PM   #5
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,332 Times in 4,418 Posts

My Brother has actually done the best job in getting new hunters into the sport. He got two young hunters hooked last year and is working on more this year. It takes work on each one but is very rewarding.

In addition to young hunters, don’t forget lady hunters, minority hunters and hunters with different political beliefs. The outdoor sports should be a big tent with room for all
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 11-11-2020, 05:49 PM   #6
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,387 Times in 1,644 Posts

Great post! I think that all that have the ability should gift a Sterlingworth or Trojan to a young hunter should consider doing so. I know from personal experience it works to hook the younger guys on the wonderful world of vintage guns.
Craig Larter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Craig Larter For Your Post:
Unread 11-11-2020, 06:43 PM   #7
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,515 Times in 3,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills Morrison View Post
In addition to young hunters, don’t forget lady hunters, minority hunters and hunters with different political beliefs. The outdoor sports should be a big tent with room for all
I thought I was doing well, Mills. I did everything a father should do for a daughter. I gave her her first SxS, a two bbl set 28ga repro, I send her ammo, all the things a father thinks are the right things. Then, just when I think it's worked, I see a picture on facebook of her, out in South Dakota, hold up a nice rooster in one hand and a au, auto. I can't even say it. A f$*%king autoloder.
I just don't know where I went wrong. She says it's because I borrowed back my DHE16, but she could have at least told me she was going. I would have gotten it back to her. Honest, I would have
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2020, 07:10 PM   #8
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,679 Times in 1,644 Posts

Edgar She obviously has a mind of her own, sounds like my boys come up to help cut wood and shoot some but no one brought a gun, They said they figured ol dad had something they could borrow, I believe between the three of them, I Have given at least a dozen Parkers to them, but we had a great weekend they worked my ass off had some good bourbon and cigars, wife was out of town, just a good weekend with a lot of lies being told, priceless! Gary
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gary Carmichael Sr For Your Post:
Unread 11-11-2020, 07:20 PM   #9
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,515 Times in 3,096 Posts

you know i’m not worried, Gary. she’s found herself since leaving television and i am equally proud of my three. Unless covid restrictions interfere, I may have all three home for Christmas. That hasn’t happened since 2001
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post:
Unread 11-11-2020, 07:38 PM   #10
Craig Budgeon
PGCA Member

Member Info

Don't let them land in New York.
Craig Budgeon is offline   Reply With Quote