Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 04-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #11
Jawjadawg
Forum Associate

Member Info

Not the lucky buyer, but I would guess someone who read this thread picked it up.

Rule #1 - Never ask about a gun that is listed online if you don't want someone else to say the gun is listed online.

I don't think I would have picked it up anyway.
Unread 04-02-2014, 03:30 PM   #12
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,312 Times in 1,219 Posts

This was far from a secret find. Many Fox guys search the internet auction sites every day. I had emails and PM's from 4 friends asking for my take on this gun, and that was over several days before the question was posted here. And I was aware of it myself even before the first person contacted me. Then, hours before the auction closed 3 other Fox nuts were emailing about the gun. It's almost impossible to e-list a Super-Fox these days without multiple people finding it within a day or two of listing. IME most of the good Supers are sold behind the scenes and they rarely hit the internet auction sites.
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #13
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,870 Times in 4,754 Posts

This particular Super Fox is a long way from becoming anything but a shooter. However, a $2600 shooter is a great buy for someone. The floorplate screw is a good sign.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #14
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Was this gun in MI? I know of one that really needs some work but the seller is/was way off base in value.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2014, 09:52 PM   #15
Jawjadawg
Forum Associate

Member Info

Chromox,

Thank you for your input and multiple edits, but this has been gone over again and again. I was just saying there is no reason to advertise any gun to anyone else. There were a few other people who perhaps hadn't yet made up their mind about the gun(perhaps some of those who asked you about the item in a private message?), and who perhaps didn't finish their thought process before someone else saw the item and then jumped all over it. Do I know that is what happened? Heck no, I don't know that. Good find or not - let people find what they spend the time finding. If I were mad you would know it. I'm not. The simple fact is that I did have an opportunity to buy the gun, and didn't because I didn't like the condition or chamber length. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to buy the gun before I asked the question since it didn't have 3" chambers, but I still didn't directly reference the gun for one, and only one reason. There are people who spend a lot of time looking for guns. I do not feel it it right to negate the time and effort they might be putting in to their hobby on a daily basis - and it is a hobby. That is all.
Unread 04-03-2014, 08:10 AM   #16
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Rich, the gun was in SC.

Jawjadawg, I was going to let this slide until I read your statement that "if I were mad you would know it". That's the kind of language people long ago used with kids, and frankly it's demeaning to an adult. It sounds like you have an unilateral expectation that people can read your mind, and then join in covering up the source of your question. The fact is that Fox guys are just as dedicated as Parker guys and I think it's probable that several dozen gents already knew about that Super and the pic of the chamber gauge reading 2-1/2" that was included in its advert. (Readers here should know this was an auction that didn't have a Buy It Now and therefore no one could have bought the gun without others being able to enter a bid.) Let me suggest that if in the future you have a question like the one you posted here, that you do it by PM or email to a resource who can answer it privately. Not post it on a public forum and then try to dress down someone like me because my crystal ball isn't tuned to your wavelength.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post:
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:31 AM   #17
Jawjadawg
Forum Associate

Member Info

My mistake. I've found this point to be unworthy of discussion in the past. People either agree or they don't. Your suggestion to me is 100% correct, and also redundant to the point I previously made; RE: my Rule #1, which I broke. I misinterpreted your reasons for carrying on about how it was appropriate for you to mention it. I thought you were being defensive, which usually means someone thinks the other is mad. It was a poorly stated sentence on my part, but that will also happen when someone decides to extract one sentence to apply their own context. I hope you will accept my apology. I also sincerely thank you for your input. The information provided was very helpful.
Unread 04-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #18
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thank you Jawjadawg. I think we both made some good points and have learned from the postings on this thread. I look forward to meeting you some day at a shoot or event.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post:
Unread 04-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #19
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,870 Times in 4,754 Posts

It couldn't have been attractive to many people. Apparently only attractive to one person of the dozens, maybe hundreds of Fox collectors who saw the ad. Only one person bid. I'm usually a sucker for a neglected orphan, and might have bid if the gun had any interesting provenance.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote