Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Velkommen til PGCA site--
Unread 11-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #11
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Velkommen til PGCA site--

Nar du er i Danmark er du fra? Vi har en staerk Dansk, samfund omkring 19 km NW fra hvor jeg bor, en skulptur fra Marshall Frederiks pa byens torv. Jeg taler nogle tyske, men jag forsoger at laere Dansk fra en fruend.
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #12
Harry Collins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,757 Times in 732 Posts

Mikael,

Your DH 20 gauge Parker is very desirable. I just looked a Jack Paglisi's web page and he has one that may be in better condition than yours and he is asking $8,750.00. I don't have my ear to the ground on Parker prices as others here, however I would think your gun is in the $6,000.00 range. A very nice find. I hope you shoot it as these little Parkers kill like magic wands.

Kindest, Harry
Harry Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #13
mikael_kjaer
Forum Associate

Member Info

hello Fransis

det var en overraskelse at få et svar på dansk. Jeg bor i jylland i danmark. hvor bor du?

Venlig hilsen Mikael
mikael_kjaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #14
mikael_kjaer
Forum Associate

Member Info

Hi Harry

I have not tryed the gun yet, but i'll will on my next hunt. I'am looking forward to try.
If the guy who sold me the gun only knew, what i learned the last cupel of days, poor guy.
I think whit that story the gun is one i'll keep and take very care of.

Kind regard Mikael
The Following User Says Thank You to mikael_kjaer For Your Post:
My gal friend from Copenhagen is helping me here
Unread 11-17-2010, 12:01 AM   #15
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default My gal friend from Copenhagen is helping me here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael_kjaer View Post
hello Fransis

det var en overraskelse at få et svar på dansk. Jeg bor i jylland i danmark. hvor bor du?

Venlig hilsen Mikael
- translated aproximately for others my friend- I am glad you were surprised (pleasantly) that a member of the PGCA might have a smattering of Danish. I live just outside of Greenville in the Midwest, a town of about 7500 pop. very rural, and since 1965 or so, have celebrated the Danish heritage every summer with a three day festival. The beer tent is named Tivoli Garden, and from the Hans Christian Anderson story The Swan, there is indeed a Marshall Fredericks statue of that most graceful bird in the town square. Abelskivers are a big item also.

In another town in the State of Nebraska, there is almost sister town, rural of course, with a very high Danish population, and they also have an annual Danish Festival- in past years we have had a mayor exchange with them at festival time. I am a retired welder with machine shop experience as well, have used the great Vise-Grips locking pliers for all my life. A Danish blacksmith/welder from that area in Nebraska invented them in about 1927-- Hans Petersen.

So welcome to the PGCA and you have found a very fine Parker to start with indeed. They are built like a Swiss watch and shoot like few other shotguns seem to. As far as the language goes, I believe it is a mark of respect to learn as best as one can, another language or even two. I attended a "schutzenfest" this past summer, made friends with some folks originally from Dresden Germany-they lived in Milwaukee, Wisconsin a great city with a high percentage of people with German ancestry- It gave me a chance to brush up on "mein Alte Schul Deutch"-

I try to learn as much about the people and cultures from as many European Countries as I can. You express yourself very well in English, and I thank you for your reply. Francis
The Following User Says Thank You to Francis Morin For Your Post:
Unread 11-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #16
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,554 Times in 1,095 Posts

Mikael ,That is the gun I have been searching for ,for years ,NO WONDER ,I couldn't find it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its been laying on a flea market sale table in Denmark ,Geesh , ,All kidding aside ,it appears you have found a very nice and very desirable gun ,by the looks of things ,it doesn't appear at first glance to have been tampered with ,most would rather own a gun such as this than an over done restoration ! Congratulations ,and Welcome to The Club ! Russ
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 12:22 PM   #17
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,770 Times in 635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael_kjaer View Post
Hi everyone

Is it possible to sendt and pay for the reserachletter by mail and bank transfer?

Best regards Mikael
Welcome Mikael,
It appears you did very well at that flee market. Your gun is a very desirerable Parker and appears to be in good condition. If you do decide to purchase a PGCA letter you might want to consider joining the PGCA first. Members get a reduced cost for their letters as well as other benefits and your membership would only cost you $20.00. You would also have the honor of becoming our first member from Denmark.
Larry Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #18
mikael_kjaer
Forum Associate

Member Info

Hi Larry

I am still surprised, i have spendt the last days on the net to find out more about Parker. There is nothing about parker on web sites from europe! I have talked with the guy who sold me the gun and he has absolutly no idea to how the gun ended in Denmark.

I see no way, but join PGCA, and get the resarch letter. All this conversation have made me curious to get the hole story about my gun

Best regard Mikael
PGCA goes International- what a fine thing indeed
Unread 11-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #19
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default PGCA goes International- what a fine thing indeed

Mikeal- one of the earliest books about the history of the Parker shotguns was written about 1960 by Peter Johnson. In the half-century since, thanks in great part to the dedication and effort of many PGCA members, much more detail and information that can be verified has surfaced.

Going back to Mr. Johnson's book, I recall he mentioned that of the major European countries, France seemed to have more Parker owners that others. This may well make sense, as England, Spain, Germany, Austria, Sweden and Italy all have been very involved in manufacturing high quality sporting shotguns and rifles. France, a few known names- Darne and Georges Granger, and if I omitted any others, my error.

My "Blue Sky' guess is- as I am serious student of WW11 in Europe and the aftermath, and my favorite General from that time frame was George Smith Patton Jr.- who owned several Parkers, including a CHE 20 bore- and had some of his personal firearms available for hunting after Germany surrendered in May 1945- That Parker DH 20 might- and that is a very guarded statement- have belonged to an American Staff Officer from WW11, and somehow was left behind.

Fotos and all numbers you can find on the three main pieces of the shotgun- ie: barrels, forearm and the stock and receiver section- and a PGCA search letter might add some further light on the very valid question- how did this fine American shotgun end up in your Country.
Unread 11-19-2010, 04:40 AM   #20
mikael_kjaer
Forum Associate

Member Info

Hi Russ

Thanks for your reply. It is the first furum i am member of, so i have not yet familiar whit all the funktions.
But any way, i have to learn. Today i have transfered mony to my new Paypal acount, so i can become a real member of this fine forum.

Best regards Mikael
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mikael_kjaer For Your Post: