Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Number of repro's with two triggers...?!
Unread 07-19-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,888 Times in 533 Posts

Default Number of repro's with two triggers...?!

I added up my list af addvertized repro's from all the web sights and blogs over the past 3 years. It tells me that one gun in twenty five for 12 gauge, One in ten for 28, 20, 20/16 sets had double triggers. One in the dozzen or so A1-s that I have seen listed and one of the seven 410 sets. I have never seen a BHE listed for sale with double triggers. ???? There is a picture of a BHE in the parker story with two triggers. They made 1800 12 gauges we think. With this math approx 72 had double triggers? This does not sound right? So who has all the D.T guns hid away??? We do think that about 25% of the 12000 guns had double triggers. I would think most of them would be DHE guns not the higher grades as the single trigger was a up-grade, cost more and belongs on hi-grades that usally are safe queens anyway......not so fast! yup thats a single trigger parker...not so fast! Ever try to move that hidden little switch in cold weather after your well trained pointer bumps a rooster at 40+ yards and the barrel switch is set for the open choke? Your hunting buddy got that one! He has double triggers for instant selection of choke....(-: I read were ohio and P.A. have no cases of C.W.D. in our deer....It must be all up north in washington D.C. Them dems all must have it! They said it has not crossed over to humans....B.S. Its going to be a slow death for us tax payers. Just some thoughts and little humore for your sunday. thanks all, Kenny Graft SXS ohio....can't weight till Kansas bird season opens...
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
Joe Bernfeld
Forum Associate

Member Info

Hey Kenny, I finally bought that 12 ga 28" DT IC/Mod SS/SPL 14 3/4" LOP Repro from James Wayne (I paid too much of course, but oh well, that's James Wayne!). My 28 ga is enjoying that canvas case cover you sold me. Anyway, about double trigger Repros. When I was looking for a DT Repro 28 ga (all my guns have DTs), I called Reagent Chemical and Research to ask about converting a ST to DT ( not reasonably possible!) and also asked why they made so many more ST than DT guns. I was told that the numbers produced were about the same! People must just prefer to keep and use the DT guns and just try to sell the ST ones. Maybe Mr. Skeuse (the one who posted here recently) could shed more light on this. I did see a DT 20 ga BHE at Cabela's a few years ago and should have bought it . A pic of my new Repro:
Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wm_1168520.jpg (207.0 KB, 38 views)
Joe Bernfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,600 Times in 984 Posts

Kenny, there were at least two BHE's produced with DT's...the one 20-ga. that Joe referred to (it had 28" bbls., 3" chambers, M/F, SG, SF) and this one: http://www.robinhollow.com/gunpages/10090825.htm
Greg Baehman is offline   Reply With Quote
BHE.....
Unread 07-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default BHE.....

That looks like some nice claro on your new SSS! These guns will keep us working men working to support our habbit. Im back to saving agian....I perchased a 28 two barrel set with PG-Dt-BTF couple weeks ago and I am out of fun money for now, it will be awhile till I can buy anymore parkers......)-: I have all the 28ga. guns and 20/16 sets and a 410/28 set. They all fit me and have DT.....My 12ga. has a bit long pull but not real bad. I hope to find a PG-DT 12 set with the 14 1/4 pull, maybe it will be a BHE or A1 spl/ or sporting clays???? Im saving up for when one comes availible....hope its not anytime soon! The Robbin Hollow gun is nice but I prefer Pistol grip, Ill keep waiting and saveing....thanks all Kenny SXS ohio
Unread 07-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #5
Joe Bernfeld
Forum Associate

Member Info

Kenny, sounds like you have some nice Repros. I too have a PG/BT/DT 28 ga (26" Q1/Q2) Repro. My new 12 ga Repro is SS (straight stock), but is not an SSS (Steel Shot Special), in spite of the 28" IC/Mod bbls. I will, however, be shooting steel through it since I bought it for ducks (I mostly use 20 and 28 ga guns for upland hunting).
Joe
Joe Bernfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
Richard Skeuse
Forum Associate

Member Info

I do not have those records any more. They were distroyed from the Floyd flood.
Richard Skeuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
Don Kaas
Forum Associate

Member Info

That does not appear to be "claro" walnut (juglans hindsii) on Mr. Bernfeld's Repro pictured above, IMHO, it is a nice piece of "English walnut" (juglans regia). During my "Repro Period", I owned 6 of them and sought out the ones stocked in California "English" rather than claro. I used a 28" double trigger 12 ga as a "travel gun" on 3 African safaris without a problem.

Last edited by Don Kaas; 07-23-2009 at 04:52 PM..
Don Kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
wood
Unread 07-23-2009, 05:21 PM   #8
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default wood

Im thinking wood with dence flame type grain is claro and the stocks with light and dark lines that run end to end is english??? I own both types of repro's...stuning quality of wood. Look at the description for the RBL wood type and grades on Galazans web page...it shows some good pics if the wood. I may be wrong on this asumption??? thanks Kenny SXS ohio
Unread 07-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #9
Don Kaas
Forum Associate

Member Info

To be more frank, that piece of wood almost screams "English Walnut"...in a Californian accent, of course...
Don Kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #10
Richard Skeuse
Forum Associate

Member Info

I am no wood expert , my brother knows better than I, But I think that wood in "French" or English. As for the DTvrs St . I thought we made more St that DT but I do not know how many Thanks
Richard Skeuse is offline   Reply With Quote