Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Unread 12-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #21
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Get a flat of B&P 7/8 oz shells. My VH kicks less using 7/8 oz than my Berretta OU does with 1 1/8.

Bill
William Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to William Davis For Your Post:
Unread 12-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #22
OldenHoo
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Davis View Post
Get a flat of B&P 7/8 oz shells. My VH kicks less using 7/8 oz than my Berretta OU does with 1 1/8.

Bill
Bill, thanks! I'll do just that. I toyed with a slip on recoil pad but couldn't remember who the maker was that I saw years ago. 7/8 is the way to go for 2 3/4 shells.

Ken
Kenneth Andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #23
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,235 Times in 2,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Andres View Post
Daryl,

Thanks. I was planning on using 1oz because that is what I have but I know AAs come in 3/4. I don't plan to do it often but when I do, I'll do it. Both barrels ring nicely and bores are bright and clean. I've had several people tell me I can open the chokes up but I'm going to leave this gun alone.

I see your from MD. I am torn between upland or a goose gun next. I hunt quite a bit out in Chestertown. I couldn't think of anything better than taking my two birds with a Parker instead of my Benelli. My springer would prefer an upland gun I'm sure. This VH won't be my last.

Ken
Ken;
I do my waterfowl hunting in Rock Hall. Maybe we should link up for a hunt. I've got a few "waterfowl type" Parkers to shoot if you would like to leave that Benelli in the safe.
Daryl Corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #24
OldenHoo
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Corona View Post
Ken;
I do my waterfowl hunting in Rock Hall. Maybe we should link up for a hunt. I've got a few "waterfowl type" Parkers to shoot if you would like to leave that Benelli in the safe.
Yes, I'm just up river from you in a hunt club. I was invited this year so I'm still learning the ropes there. We should certainly get in touch for these late season field hunts out there. I'll send you a PM and thank you for offering to shoot your Parker.
Unread 12-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #25
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,555 Posts

In the late 50's, a man named Les Main (Mayne?) and his wife ran the Rock Hall Marina. Our family would bring our boat in there once or twice a year. Nice folks. Wonder if that name is still around Rock Hall.
My first experience in a duck blind was on the Chester River, and later, I had a chance to hunt around Elliott Island. It's still a magic part of the world
John Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Dallas For Your Post:
Unread 12-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #26
OldenHoo
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dallas View Post
In the late 50's, a man named Les Main (Mayne?) and his wife ran the Rock Hall Marina. Our family would bring our boat in there once or twice a year. Nice folks. Wonder if that name is still around Rock Hall.
My first experience in a duck blind was on the Chester River, and later, I had a chance to hunt around Elliott Island. It's still a magic part of the world
John,

Chestertown is quite the experience for sure. It's a bucket list item for most water fowlers as much as it is to own a Parker. With hundreds maybe thousands of populations of Geese and ducks, you never know what kind of hunt you'll have but you can guarantee there will be plenty of birds around. The hardest thing to do is find a place to hunt and I got that solved this year. Happy New Year to you.

Ken