Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Parker parts
Unread 07-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Parker parts

Thank you for allowing me to participate on your forium. This is my very first forium posting ever. Reasontly I aguired an AH Fox and a Parker Lifter hammer gun ser no 14075. It is a 10ga O grade No 3 frame with 28 in barrells.It is the lightest 10ga I have ever seen. I would like to be able to shoot this gun but it has a few mechanical problems that need to be addressed. The hammers on the gun are miss matched.The right hammer is serial No to the gun, the left one is a parker replacement without a serial no. unfortunatly the right hammer is cracked badly and should probably be replaced. The left toumbler and sear are worn. Unfortunatly while dissasembleing the gun I droped the rear triger on my tile floor. To my comeplete surprise it snapped in too. Are the parts the same on a 12ga lifter gun as a 10ga lifter gun. Any information on where I could aquire these parts would be much appreciated. P.S I Iam currious as to the barrel lenth. Is it original or has it been cut back,if so somebody knew what they were doing. Thank you for your help.
wayne goerres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,157 Times in 3,260 Posts

That number is not in the serial number list, you may be able to get a letter that will confirm original barrel length.
Unread 07-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,541 Times in 4,621 Posts

You would be better to maybe look for a matching pair of hammers unless you can actually hold a perspective single hammer and see if it matches your gun. There can be a bit of variation over the years in the hammers and their engraving.

Complete locks and lock parts pop up on Ebay often. Keep an eye out.
Unread 07-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thank you for the replies. As far as the hammers go I don,t care about the engraving this gun is a shooter. If anybody knows I would appreciate it.
Unread 07-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #5
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thank you for your replies. If anybody knows if the 10ga hammers and innards are the same as the 12ga hammers and innards it might make the parts easyer to find. Your thoughts on the subject would be appreciated. If this reply shows up twice I googed.
Unread 07-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
Holeshot
PGCA Member

Member Info

My shooter 12 guage 1 frame has 10 guage hammers on it and you would never know. Dave
David Holes is offline   Reply With Quote
Stock configuration top lever hammer gun
Unread 07-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
Alligator
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Stock configuration top lever hammer gun

I need someone to post or send me a P.M. picture of an O grade top lever hammer gun pistol grip stock, showing the checkering pattern and the configuration of the stock in the area behind the grip. I'm sure mine is original with a canoe paddle comb, but someone did a bad refinish and the area behind the grip is deeply undercut leaving the stock looking like a hose with a paddle atttched. Also, the serial number is not under the trigger guard. Is this something the hammer guns didn't have consistantly. The stock has the DHBP (proper one for 1893), the grip cap is checkered(no Parker Bros), and the stock shield is behind the top tang as normal. The Parker Story doesn't seem to show many cuts of anything but the action and barrel views. Thanks! Lee.
lee r moege is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

here you go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0856.JPG (77.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0857.JPG (72.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0860.JPG (99.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0861.JPG (90.7 KB, 4 views)
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #9
Alligator
Forum Associate

Member Info

Robin:Thanks for the pix. Mine is a twin to this in original finish, barrels and all metalwork. The poor stock has been badly mistreated and will be my next "project gun" after I take care of my paying work. Have a nice day! Lee.
lee r moege is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #10
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

Holeshot thank you for the information. I will keep a look out for 12ga parts also. aligator my parker butt stock is serial numbered under the triger guard to match the rest of the gun. I was told by a freind of mine that collects parkers that all major parts down to the triggers are serial numbered to the gun.