Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Restoration

Notices

Project GHE- possible Christian Fischer ejectors
Unread 05-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thumbs up Project GHE- possible Christian Fischer ejectors

I have a "Parker Project" gun in the offing. I bought a GH 12 ga. No. 2 frame receiver sn. 115346 recently, complete with all parts and matching by sn. forearm- DT and with ejectors. My gunsmith (A PGCA Member) researched it, believes the ejectors were a later re-fit, and of a patent design Nov. 7th, 1899 by a Christian A. Fischer of Grand Forks ND.

My gunsmith feels that the gun was originally a GH non-ejector, he has a later (1920 era) pair of VHE 30" Mod and Full No. 2 frame barrels that fit my receiver and forearm iron.

I am in need of a usable buttstock to fit this receiver, would prefer a pg and with DHBP or period pad and uncut if at all possible. I shoot guns with fairly straight stock dims. No cast required, and I am right handed and have a right dominant eye. An aprox. 14.25" LOP from the front trigger to center of butt fits me just right-

Stock can be from any 12 grade- VH, PH or GH- and if repaired or refinished please advise. A stock shield is nice but not important, this is a "working gun", but the possible history of thr Fischer ejectors may also be of interest. Thanks..
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2009, 11:37 PM   #2
hugh rather
PGCA Member

Member Info

Check Galazan [He recently had several]Also check Ebay.
hugh rather is offline   Reply With Quote
Parker Stocks- Galazans
Unread 05-24-2009, 11:49 PM   #3
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Smile Parker Stocks- Galazans

Thanks- I went to Conn. Shotgun (Galazans) found Parker barrels and stock refinishing items but no used Parker stocks- is there a section at Galazans that shows them? If so, would you please advise best way to contact them. Thanks. And re: E-Bay. I was told E-Bay is anti-gun in nature and does not allow gun parts to be sold therein. Is this true?
Unread 05-25-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,605 Times in 2,666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Morin View Post
Thanks- I went to Conn. Shotgun (Galazans) found Parker barrels and stock refinishing items but no used Parker stocks- is there a section at Galazans that shows them?

Ans: See their Novelty stocks and forends section. They have four now.

I was told E-Bay is anti-gun in nature and does not allow gun parts to be sold therein. Is this true?
Ans: Ebay has 6500 gun parts for sale presently including many Parker gunstocks and forends that look like they might work for you.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Parker GHE project gun
Unread 05-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #5
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thumbs up Parker GHE project gun

Thanks for the leads. I'll keep the PGCA posted as this gun project develops- I like 30" tight choked 12 gauge ejector doubles-I'm a confirmed pigeon shooter-also waterfowler and fezzant-so 12's are my preferred gauge.
Unread 05-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
hugh rather
PGCA Member

Member Info

You may have to contact Galazan,I think I saw the stocks on his E-bay store.
hugh rather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #7
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,727 Posts

Wink

Francis good luck on your project gun.As has already been stated check E-Bay under Parker.Tony has several stocks listed. And welcome back......
Unread 05-25-2009, 08:12 PM   #8
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thumbs up Parker Stocks- Galazans

Thank you Dave-I like the new format, kudoes to all who brought it about. I did re-enter Tony's website and looked in the "Novelty" section, and did find, so far, one possible Parker stock.

Off topic, but I was a bit amazed at the number of Model 21 buttstocks listed, and at what I consider to be "low-end" prices when weighed against the going price for almost any M21 today.

Tony has a grade 7 (AAH?) buttstock at $550.00, my "project Parker" is a grade 2 (GH) so putting that stock on my gun might be a bit like putting the front on the Alpha Romeo- shown on page 107 of Spring Issue- DGJ- on a VW Beetle. I have never dealt with Tony, I can understand why perhaps he has the "as is" policy, but I have $550 in the GHE right now- receiver, forearm and barrels, and wonder about spending the same amount for a way higher graded buttstock, and no being able to return it for refund if it doesn't fit, or can't be made to fit without re-inventing the proverbial wheel.

My gunsmith may have a 12 gauge Repro stock from a UPS damage claim, not sure if it is a 1 &1/2 or a 2 size frame stock at the head- or if there is really much difference.

I would never try to pass off this "project Parker" as the real deal, and no one who knows them would accept that sham, I just want a ejector 12 "using gun" and the fact that it is an "Old Reliable" is my good fortune.

As this progresses, I will be glad to share the patent letters on the after-factory ejectors, and possibly before and after fotos.
Possible AAH Stock from Galazans
Unread 05-28-2009, 08:19 PM   #9
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Smile Possible AAH Stock from Galazans

Thanks to all for the suggestions to date. I have never dealt with Galazan, but I thought crossed my mind. I can ask my gunsmith who will be assemblying this "project Parker gun" to check with them- The ad states a 14.5" LOP-

PS- June 8th- My gunsmith found a used 12 Parker pg buttstock-saw it Friday-looks like anear perfect fit- good dims, so I am all set- maybe will have it assembled by late summer, I never ever try to rush a craftsman-and Brad Bachelder (a PGCA member) is that, in spades!!

Last edited by Francis Morin; 06-08-2009 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: No longer looking for a buttstock-thanks!!