Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 01-25-2018, 06:09 PM   #11
Woodcock survey
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,386 Times in 594 Posts

Pete you are right , the short 10 is not the same as the common gauges that have a wealth of information readily available. We are very fortunate that we have you and others who have researched the old and done new testing and given us the information that is no longer published.
Daniel Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel Carter For Your Post:
Unread 01-26-2018, 09:26 PM   #12
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,772 Times in 2,006 Posts

I have used and like Green dot for 3/4 oz 20 ga loads using AA and Rem GC hulls. I used the Claybuster green 3/4 oz wad. I can look up the powder grains if you like. I also really like 20/28 for 3/4 and 7/8 oz loads. I also use Unique in my 2 1/2" 20 ga loads with cheddite hulls. All of these are low pressure loads for 20 ga. The recoil is minimal( yes, I know that pressure is not a factor when calculating recoil).
Unread 01-27-2018, 01:16 AM   #13
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,458 Times in 3,383 Posts

You know truth be told it doesn't hurt to have several suitable loads for anything you shoot a lot . I mean suppose at the next presidential election the democrats get someone in like the evil thing that was running against Trump , if that happens it could revert back to the way it was when the obamite was in office . So with all that being said I like to buy in large quantities and in several different things that way if it gets a little difficult to get stuff I have options . Other then Blue Dot or Herco I do not buy shotgun powders in less then eight pound containers any longer .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote