Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 11-30-2015, 03:19 PM   #11
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,252 Posts

It happened again yesterday on the last 2 rounds of skeet. Had to disassemble as before and re-cock the ejector hammers. Dropped the gun off with Dan Cullity today. WTF!
allen newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Malfuntion
Unread 11-30-2015, 05:53 PM   #12
Bob Hardison
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Malfuntion

Allen: That's terrible product service life. It should be covered under warranty! Good luck on the repair. I have read that Parker ejectors can be a nightmare to repair. Bob
Bob Hardison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2015, 06:01 PM   #13
Kensal Rise
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,577 Times in 926 Posts

In frustration, I once wrote a magazine feature entitled "Ejectors Are Rubbish."

And while I certainly appreciate the mechanical magic of double gun ejectors, they do tend to invite problems.

And only a very good ejector man can fix them correctly. Especially Greener ejectors!

As a result, I now now prefer nicely kept extractor guns. They are universally foolproof... albeit less magical.
John Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to John Campbell For Your Post:
Unread 12-01-2015, 10:08 AM   #14
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Kensal, I was thinking the same thing. Dan Cullity has worked on Parker ejectors before and being only 8 miles from my house, having Dan work on this gun made infinite sense rather than shipping it out. I have fired this gun perhaps 200 times and only 2 malfunctions, but that's 2 too many! Why it's intermittent, I do not know but Dan will figure it out, And hopefully, it won't require fab'ing any new parts. Hopefully there's just some crud somewhere that's throwing a wrench in the works. One can only hope. Brad has a VHE that he's in the process of re-stocking ad this VHE has not given me any problems, so not all ejectors are problematic. (I hope!)
Unread 12-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #15
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,538 Times in 3,105 Posts

Crud in the ejector sear would explain them not staying cocked, but that doesn't explain the problem with not being able to open the gun. I suspect something may be jamming the ejector hammers from going back, which would also prevent the gun from opening.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2015, 05:23 PM   #16
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,523 Times in 4,621 Posts

I personally have had a lot of trouble with RST hulls in ejector guns. Especially reloaded RST hulls. Some of those problems are the gun being hard to open due to the brass sticking in the chamber and not wanting to lift out.
Unread 12-01-2015, 05:45 PM   #17
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Gents, perhaps I was not fully clear in describing the problem. When it malfunctions, the gun is broken open, the shells are ejected but I am unable to close the gun. The gun locks in the open position I then remove the fore end, then I'm able to remove the barrels from the frame. I pull out the ejector rods (?) then I put the fore end back on the barrels and push the rods back in each to cock the ejector hammers. I then remove the fore end and mount the barrels back on the frame, re-attach the fore end and I'm good to go until this happens again. Twice thus far. I walked Dan Cullity through this process and hopeful he can figure it out. I only reload and shoot Remington Gun Club shells w/ 1 oz loads.
The Following User Says Thank You to allen newell For Your Post:
Unread 12-02-2015, 07:42 AM   #18
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,538 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen newell View Post
Gents, perhaps I was not fully clear in describing the problem. When it malfunctions, the gun is broken open,
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen newell View Post
Was at the range today shooting my first round of trap with my 12 ga. DHE. After several rounds fired, the gun would not break open fully,
Perhaps when you said it would not fully open is what confused me to think it would not fully open.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2015, 07:57 AM   #19
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I mis spoke Edgar. When it last malfunctioned, I paid much closer attention to noting everything. When I opened the gun, the two shells were ejected, but it apparently did not re-cock, nor could I close the gun. I then went through all the steps that I've indicated above.