Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Foto Fridays

Notices

Unread 04-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #21
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,948 Times in 1,437 Posts

Destry, just opened the PM. sorry had not seen it earlier. Things are getting a little interesting here on the border. It will not keep me from hunting. A guy needs to be aware of what's going on around him, as there is a lot of illegal activity going on. Do not go out looking for trouble, but be prepared. I usually have a pistol hidden in the truck or in my hunting vest. Usually a rifle in the truck. I damn sure do not look for trouble and avoid it at almost all costs. I am sure Rob Krentz was as savvy as they come, when dealing with the trouble that can go on here on the border. Unfortunately they bad guys sometimes have you at an advantage as most us outdoor guys are always willing to lend a hand to someone in need. I guess this can leave a guy vulnerable to some one bent on trouble. I grew up on the border in Douglas AZ and went to school with Phil Krentz and knew Rob. It has been many years since I spoke with them, but by all accounts Rob was a hard working family man that would help any one including the Illegal's when they were in trouble. Destry we drove through the Krentz ranch late one afternoon as we traveled through Rucker Canyon. We actually stopped on the ranch an looked at a large herd of mule deer. I am sure you remember the area. I wont get off on a political tirade, but the leadership of this fine country of ours need to understand that we can use some of the fine young men and women we are using in the middle east to help protect our own soil. I love Mexico and the people, so its not about Mexican people, its about the organized crime and the violence of a few bad guys that can feel unthreatened coming into our country and killing an American and slinking off across the border. This activity may not be new, but it was dealt with differently earlier in this century.

Thanks for letting me vent. I am sorry did not mean to take the subject of Mearns hunting in a differt direction
Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Phillip Carr For Your Post: