Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

remington 1894
Unread 05-22-2016, 09:18 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

Default remington 1894

this evening i sat downat 1.00pm and started to put this remington 10 ga a grade back together..i have had it took apart about a month now..when i got it apart i found a hammer spring broke...so guess what yep i emailed ourown gun smith brian d.and he had a hammer spring for this old 10 ga...first i hunted for the ice cream bucket that i had put all the parts in thought i had put it in my bedroom with the barrel and stock it was not there..looked all over the house finally seen it setting on the kitchen table were i had put it...hope you fellows don t have this problem with things moving around...went and got all the tools i thought i would need then started putting the hammer spring in..first try the spring flew outa there like a rocket and the hammer with it...after a hour of flwing springs and parts i finally got the rite hold on this rascal and got my pin drove back threw the hammer took a rest and assembled the gun back together...i then got some shells out went to the dr pepper range and shot it..yep every thing worked good ejectors throwed hulls out 6 foot or better the safety returned to safety when you breached the gun...really like the remmington in the 1894 modelsthey are close to working on parkers...thanks to brian i now have a a extra barrel to shoot in case i need it...charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 05-23-2016, 08:03 PM   #2
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

Charlie. Those are Gremlins moving those parts around. There in my house to.
wayne goerres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2016, 07:35 AM   #3
bob weeman
Forum Associate

Member Info

I agree the 1894's are a great gun Charlie. I have two.... b grade 12 with 26 inch barrels for grouse...looks to be built on a 16 gauge frame as it is quite light....and a 10 gauge CE with 32" barrels....that one seems to break clay pigeons all on its own....nice work on getting yours running again!
bob weeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2016, 10:18 PM   #4
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

heh bob what a coinedence i too have a b grade 12 ga with 26 inch ordance steel barrels and that a grade 10 ga with steel barrels...them c grades are fine looking guns for sure...my 12 ga is real light too...charlie
Unread 05-28-2016, 10:46 PM   #5
Researcher
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,830 Times in 2,362 Posts

The 10-gauges are scarce as the teeth of hens in anything higher then B-/BE-grade. Well over a decade ago Ben Loving had a CEO-Grade 10-gauge for sale but I passed because it had been restocked!! Haven't seen one for sale since. Have never seen or heard of D- or E-quality 10-gauge.
Dave Noreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2016, 08:02 AM   #6
bob weeman
Forum Associate

Member Info

They are fine looking guns Charlie....always liked that prince of wales/ball grip style stock...those 26 inch guns are pretty rare! Dave I lucked into my CE grade at Julias and no one there that day seemed to want any 10 gauges??? Many went for reasonable prices....not sure why...I have never been able to afford anything I wanted there until the CE...after getting a 10 and shooting one I am now hooked and looking for others......I would like to find a 10 under 8 lbs to try on grouse with light loads...just really like the feel of a 10 for some reason....
bob weeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2016, 04:32 PM   #7
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

not many 10 ga under 8 lbs i ve never had or seen one but they have been made..a fellow here on the parker site has one maybe he will tell us about it..none of my 10 ga are close to 8 lb the lightest 10 ga i have is about 8 3/4 lbs.and its the remington 1894 model a grade the one i just got back to shooting..lots of these old 1894 s had ejectors both of my guns have ejectors...now you got me wanting a light 10 ga...charlie