Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-17-2024, 02:47 PM   #21
MrBojangles
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I don’t know. It’s really no one’s business what I get in the mail and a magazine with firearms emblazoned on it isn’t really going to convince rabidly liberal postal workers that they are missing the boat and our cause is a worthy one.

Other collector’s associations mail their publications discretely and don’t even spell out the name of the organization and use abbreviations instead. For example, the Smith & Wesson Collector’s Association becomes “SWCA”.
Ian Civco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Civco For Your Post:
Unread 02-17-2024, 03:32 PM   #22
Woodcock survey
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,403 Times in 599 Posts

I understand the reasons behind the desire to not advertise your interest in guns. The internet has changed everything in that our participation in these forums gives away our identities and a well versed person with bad intent can easily find you.
Theft is my biggest concern and my mailman sees the deer heads on the living room wall when he brings PP and knows how they got there. My guns are in 2 Mosler fire proof safes unless in use and other security precautions are taken
Everyone in town knows i shoot and hunt so the locals are aware. My concern is the pro and i have done all i can to defeat him therefore i do not worry about it.
Have a friend who turns his suv backend to the house so that no one can see him put his cased Browning in the back. I asked him if he was ashamed of what he did and he stopped.
Daniel Carter is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniel Carter For Your Post:
Unread 02-17-2024, 04:00 PM   #23
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,430 Times in 1,647 Posts

The PGCA is so fortunate to have so many dedicated members that freely contribute time and articles for the Parker Pages. Very nice edition!
Craig Larter is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2024, 04:51 PM   #24
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,906 Times in 2,688 Posts

With the latest statistic of over 60% of households in the USA owning at least one firearm, one should realize that the chances of entering a home with a firearm is greater than not should comfort firearm owners and warn off bad actors. It is what it is.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 02-17-2024, 04:58 PM   #25
MrBojangles
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Carter View Post
I understand the reasons behind the desire to not advertise your interest in guns. The internet has changed everything in that our participation in these forums gives away our identities and a well versed person with bad intent can easily find you.
Theft is my biggest concern and my mailman sees the deer heads on the living room wall when he brings PP and knows how they got there. My guns are in 2 Mosler fire proof safes unless in use and other security precautions are taken
Everyone in town knows i shoot and hunt so the locals are aware. My concern is the pro and i have done all i can to defeat him therefore i do not worry about it.
Have a friend who turns his suv backend to the house so that no one can see him put his cased Browning in the back. I asked him if he was ashamed of what he did and he stopped.
Participation on this forum, particularly, gives away our identity. I brought that up awhile ago. Other forums identify you by your username. This one feels the need, for whatever bizarre reason, to identify you by name. Still don’t understand that.

It’s best to go about life discreetly.
Ian Civco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2024, 05:17 PM   #26
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,906 Times in 2,688 Posts

Using an actual name helps get rid of trolls.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 02-18-2024, 05:59 AM   #27
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,873 Times in 4,756 Posts

It will always be easy for bad guys to figure out your interest in guns. It is best to limit your connection with bad guys and educate your siblings to do the same. Backing your Suburban up to your door to unload guns doesn't solve the problem, but it may help.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2024, 07:24 AM   #28
John Davis
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,313 Times in 1,239 Posts

Just about everything I do, wear, buy and receive in the mail identifies me as a gun owner. Not sure that hiding my Parker Pages is going to help me much.

BTW, Great issue and thanks to all who contributed. I always look particularly forward to Parker Chronicles. The turkey talk had me laughing out loud.

"Oh Christ, just shoot the damn thing."
Destry L. Hoffard
John Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to John Davis For Your Post:
Unread 02-18-2024, 08:00 AM   #29
WHO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,519 Times in 252 Posts

Look at all the nearly daily NRA mail members receive. It is clearly, boldly marked and I would think that would give anyone the idea that firearms are in the home. Or what about the flyers of upcoming gun auctions? I receive many of those throughout the year.
Wayne Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wayne Owens For Your Post:
Unread 02-18-2024, 08:14 AM   #30
Harry Gietler
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Koneski View Post
ANEN Dean! We have nothing to hide nor be ashamed of. We must not allow the wokeness of the left to change who we are. No compromise!
That's right Mike, ''RED'' ALL THE WAY ! No Matter if you shoot a Parker, Fox, Ithaca, or a AR-15.

Harry

Last edited by Harry Gietler; 02-18-2024 at 09:50 AM..
Harry Gietler is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harry Gietler For Your Post: