Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

lazy day
Unread 06-08-2020, 05:05 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

Default lazy day

got off to a good start this morning feeling good and ready to work on something..my son took a hydraulic hose to town that goes on our little 350 b john deere doizer... I set out to the shop to work on a gun...well the rain started but heh I was in the dry...my son soon came rolling in with the hose..price for fixing it was 250 dollars yeah it ruined the morning..i could have bought lots of turkey ammo with that money well not to much the last tungsten ammo I bought back in the spring cost me 65.00 for 5 shells still gotem too...work on gun went sour so just got lazy and sat and watched it rain and its still raining........the doizer will have to set till tomorrow I ve got several things to fix on it..change oil filters pull the belly pans and clean it out...brakes need working on but will wait till I get done with this clearing projects gets done...all this work and I ve got so lazy....got a little stevens crackshot coming ina coupla weeks I look forward to getting this little rifle...... its about time to go clean up my mess I made in the shop ..still raing...charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 06-08-2020, 05:21 PM   #2
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

So you won the bid on the crack shot. Glad to hear it. Be curious to hear how it shoots. Look out squirrels.
wayne goerres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2020, 06:24 PM   #3
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,594 Times in 3,087 Posts

I look forward to rainy days in the summer as it give me an excuse to work on inside projects. The storm is scheduled to hit us tonight and tomorrow. I've got some Parker related data projects in the works, and am looking forward to some time in the studio.

Charlie, is your squirrel season open now? Ours is, and it is supposed to cool off after the storm passes. I intend to have some squirrels in the freezer come cold weather so that we can make some Brunswick Stew (and that's from Brunswick, Virginia, not Georgia...for Mills' benefit). I've been seeing lots of young squirrels at the farm. Yum!!

Enjoy your lazy day!
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2020, 07:08 PM   #4
Phil Yearout
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,069 Posts

Charlie, let me know how you like the Crack Shot, and whether it's the older model or the newer. I was in the market for a Favorite when I came across this Crack Shot for pretty short money and I couldn't walk away. It's been fun...

Unread 06-08-2020, 07:19 PM   #5
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

We 'educated' a lot of chipmunks with a crackshot using dust shot at my grandmothers lake house in the 50's. They were real pests.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2020, 08:51 PM   #6
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

you have quite a collection of things in the cigar box...is that a case bone handle knife...will let every body know about the crackshot...got my 350 b doizer going with that new hose back on today....now a good wash job and a oil change....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 06-09-2020, 10:08 PM   #7
Phil Yearout
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,069 Posts

Charlie, it's a New York Camillus. Since those old Stevens are often called boy's rifles I photographed it with some of the treasures I remembered back in the day.
Unread 06-10-2020, 08:10 AM   #8
Harry Collins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,757 Times in 732 Posts

Charlie, When we closed ALMINCO in the US we sold off most everything for a song. One item was a floor mount hydraulic crimping machine. They run about $40,000 and I can't remember what ridiculous price we let it go for. I bet if you shop around you could find a crimper for a good price.
Harry Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2020, 08:48 AM   #9
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,231 Times in 12,375 Posts

I remember the marble bag my mother made for me from an old piece of striped mattress material with a bootlace drawstring.

Great old memories!

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 06-10-2020, 10:20 AM   #10
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,864 Times in 4,752 Posts

I think I still have a couple of leather marble bags, but, then, I still have everything I had when I was a young one, including the marbles. I still have a couple of tricycles, including my first one I have had since I was two. My Wham-o slingshot is still here too.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post: