Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 06-03-2020, 02:29 PM   #21
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,527 Times in 3,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills Morrison View Post
Shotguns should always be broken down no matter what. With rifles, you just have to pack and pack and then hope.
You would fricken be amazed the number of SxS and O/U shotguns I’ve unpacked that some numb nuts shipped not broken down . The first Parker hammerless 10 I was going to buy arrived at the shop snapped in the wrist . To start with they had taken terrible pics and claimed it to be an DH . When I opened the box the butt stock fell out , then I found it was actually an EH and was supposedly sold as is no return . All got ALL my money back , but in hindsight I wish I’d kept the gun as it was an early EH 1889 or 1890 .
Unread 06-03-2020, 03:18 PM   #22
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,332 Times in 4,418 Posts

The only time I had one break, it was a project gun I had the dealer send straight to Brian and it made the decision to replace the worn out, crummy stock that much easier. I have had pretty good luck overall with gun purchases and shipments. Knock on wood
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 06-03-2020, 03:41 PM   #23
Keavin Nelson
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,242 Times in 445 Posts

Two broken, both were shipped together, one in a hard case, but it got cracked. Bad packing both times.

A Parker shipped broken down, in a hard case. The barrels moved back in the case and the lug hit the front of the pistol grip putting a couple of dings in it.

I have never had anything I have shipped get hurt.
Unread 06-04-2020, 05:17 AM   #24
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,566 Times in 3,074 Posts

Quote:
Knock on wood
Hmmm...

Now, Mills, was that an intended pun?

You guys have me worried. I sent a check to Morphy's on Monday via 2-Day Priority with the Postal Service. I've checked the tracking and it does not show up at all.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 06-04-2020, 06:01 AM   #25
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,455 Times in 1,368 Posts

I sent out a Priority letter on Monday w/tracking. The receipt said delivery date of Friday. So 5 days to get from TN to PA priority mail. I haven't checked the tracking on it.
Unread 06-04-2020, 07:27 AM   #26
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,332 Times in 4,418 Posts

Ha Garry!

A friend got one of those messages from Amazon that her package was delivered along with a picture of the package on her porch. Problem was it was not her porch
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 06-04-2020, 08:11 AM   #27
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,152 Times in 3,258 Posts

Quote:
Ha Garry!

A friend got one of those messages from Amazon that her package was delivered along with a picture of the package on her porch. Problem was it was not her porch
several years ago, a shipment of muzzleloader parts was way overdue - when I called UPS customer service they claimed it was delivered, I disagreed, they contacted the driver and he said he left it in the drive in front of the garage. I didn't have a garage at that house. I asked around the neighborhood and found it at a house on the other side of the road - they had it for over a week and no telling if they ever would have crossed the road to let me know

currently I am waiting for a large format camera lens that the USPS tracking still says will be delivered Monday June 1 - it arrived at the seller's regional distribution center and seems to have sat there for 6 days, now it has been at our regional distribution center for 2 days

like I said before - millions of packages get delivered just fine- we remember the lost and damaged
Unread 06-04-2020, 09:13 AM   #28
Phil Yearout
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,065 Posts

I don't think it matters much who the carrier is; I dropped off two Amazon returns at the UPS store on May 26. Nine days later one shows as delivered, the other still shows as in transit.

I ordered a gift for my wife via overnight FedEx; it was to be delivered Christmas Eve. Had it shipped to the office because I knew she'd know what it was, and specifically went in that day just to get the package. Around 10:00 or so I tracked it and FedEx said "delivery attempted, business closed". NOT TRUE! They did not attempt, and we were not closed. I had to go to the airport and retrieve it, and if you don't think THAT was fun...! I will say some very nice FedEx employees helped me find it.
Unread 06-04-2020, 02:19 PM   #29
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,566 Times in 3,074 Posts

I was having my Dickson 28 gauge returned to me from some work Jack Rowe did on it. This was back when I was still working in the Provost's Office at the University. The UPS guy, knowing I was at work and not at home, delivered the gun to my office. My assistant at the time was a retired Army colonel and he knew exactly what was in the package...and that it violated University and Board policies. Fortunately, he could keep his mouth shut. I was able to sneak the box out unobserved. Life in a small town(!), where the UPS guy knows you...where you live and work. This was back in the early 2000s. I can only imagine the demonstrations the same thing would inspire in my faculty colleagues today. Try being a gun owner and hunter in a university of "open minded" PhDs.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
USPS
Unread 06-04-2020, 05:37 PM   #30
Scott Smith
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default USPS

At 11:30 am today I received a USPS package in Orefield, PA that shipped from Oracle, AZ on Monday, June 01. It contained a nice Redhead Elliot case that was expertly packaged. Excellent transaction and good service by USPS. Wish every shipment went this smoothly. Thank you Tim Thomas!
Scott Smith is offline   Reply With Quote