Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 12-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #51
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,619 Times in 1,024 Posts

WHOOAAAH!!! -

Just returned from the wilds of MS to the malevolent maelstrom distilled from my farcical post of 11/19/2012 involving comments regarding the Tsar/Czar's gun and the "Not the Czar/Tsar's" gun. Just to set the record straight, let's review the salient features of the post paragraph by paragraph to clear up any inaccuracies or misinterpretations, and explain more clearly my intended metaphors: (it would be a great help to reread the post)

- At no time did I say that Charlie's gun gave me nightmares; rather it was the faces of the eagles carved in leather on the case that had a bizzarre and frightening affect;

- I nicknamed the gun the "CzaRepro" for obvious reasons. Well, wasn't it??...

- When I likened the "strange and mesmerizing effect" of handling the gun to that of trying on the London Fog raincoat worn by the reporter who broke the Lindberg kidnapping case (I actually did that), I meant the aura of a distinct felt presence (in the case of the gun, Nicholas II; in the case of the raincoat, Bruno Hauptmann);

- When I described the impression of handling the real Czar's gun as anticlimactic and underwhelming, I meant the lack of euphoria at the embellishment compared to the CzaRepro;

- My reference to the "Maltese Falconesque" nature of the "hoopla" surrounding the overly-long and convoluted (original) thread lay in the same conundrum brought out in t he famous film - is it the real thing or is it the "Dingus"?;

- The reference to the "second gunman on the grassy knoll' needs no explanation whatsoever (I sincerely hope!). Once again, study the photo carefully......whoever he is, he sure looks like that guy!!!

I would very much appreciate the "Inner Circle" developing a sense of appreciation for satire and farce, and I would likewise like you, Bruce, to get your facts straight the next time you take it upon yourself to quote me in analyzing my comments on this Forum.

Thank you all very much and have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
Kevin McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kevin McCormack For Your Post:
Unread 12-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #52
CSL
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Good comment, Chris. I wonder if Mr. Herzog has gotten the message? I have never tried to make Bruce a victim, but he has done a good job himself.
------------------------------------------------

Yours is a very Good question, Bill, One that has been asked many times by many people over the past several years...

CSL