Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 11-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #11
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,868 Times in 4,754 Posts

Bruce has been thanked 3563 times, nearly all for his pictures. Many of those thanks are from me. I try to push the "Thanks" button every time Bruce posts a picture. Charlie must recognize this gesture that comes every time one of his guns appears on the forum. I don't recall any comments about "showing off" at the Pheasantfest. I display guns at PGCA events and will continue to do so. I don't believe that anyone thinks that displaying Parkers for others to enjoy is a negative activity.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 11-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #12
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

I agree with you Bill and do not believe it's the "Thanks" Bruce and Charlie have received when posting of pics of all those wonderful Parkers that have gotten them down, but rather it's the negative statements and name calling that's been posted by one or two when they've done so. I, for one, hope that one or two here haven't ruined it for all the rest of us.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post:
Unread 11-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #13
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Showing off fine guns that one owns is the very soul of this site. I am saddened if a member who shared his collection so well, as the gentlemen in question did, decides to leave us.

My collection of Parkers is meager when compared to the really fine collections that we see within these pages. I enjoy them all and I keep coming back for more.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve McCarty For Your Post:
Unread 11-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #14
Double Trouble
PGCA Member

Member Info

Steve is correct ! It's all just "Show & Tell." We're all proud of our "toys" - and we all understand the enjoyment of showing them to other kindred souls.

For me, this is the only way I'll ever get to see such nice Parkers ! From someone who only makes occasional comments on this forum, I will definitely miss these beautiful pictures...
John Mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mazza For Your Post:
Unread 11-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #15
Robert Delk
PGCA Member

Member Info

Col. Day,please don't let the nay saying Philistines get you down.I think there is a very much larger "silent majority" appreciating your efforts much more than you realize.
Robert Delk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Robert Delk For Your Post:
Unread 11-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #16
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Maybe Bruce should respond to some of these comments on this thread. On another thread, he has gotten religion and agreed that he was a bit hasty in his retreat. Let's hear it here, Bruce. We all appreciate your efforts at sharing information with readers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 11-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #17
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

That's a gorgeous Daly. Don't think I've seen a diamond grade with engraving that deep before. They are the best of the Dalys.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #18
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Yeah, Richard, there are some closet Prussian Daly collectors in the PGCA. They are some fine guns. I shot some skeet with a nice hammer ten gauge last week.
Envy
Unread 12-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #19
John Farrell, Charter Member #33
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Envy

Envy is one of the Seven Deadly sins and it has been directed towards two of the stalwarts of the PGCA. The greatest attribute of civilization is when one can cheer on another that has succeeded in his/her chosen field. A loser will never get up off his dead ass and applaud a great performance. He/she would rather snipe, whine, complain, and generally be a PITA. I am taking this opportunity to insert an artist's rendering of these kinds of people.
John Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Farrell For Your Post:
Unread 12-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #20
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Thank you John. I will post further but infrequently, and not attempt to boost the forum the way CH and I have done previously.

I'm afraid my friend CH is finished, he has made that plain in four letter words after for no reason one of his prize Parkers was mocked here. I posted several photos of Austin Hogan, who we had just announced was in serious condition, from several years ago when he was strong and vigorous and involved in articles about the Parker intended for Czar Nicolas. Forum participants said nothing about Austin but took the opportunity to rehash the tired story about the Czar gun and worse, to gratuitously badmouth an uninvolved AAHE owned by Charlie and embellished further to what we have called the Czar Memorial Gun. One poster started in on the gun giving him nightmares, talking about raincosts and a Lindberg case, calling it a "strange and mesmerizing gun", and on and on talking about the Maltese Falcon and some sort of grassy knoll, all without provocation or apparent direction.

So my good friend has said he will never allow his guns to be shown here and will not forward any photos to me for posting, and he has wiped the forum off his computer and may not visit here again. This from one of the early PGCA members, a director emeritus and one of the principal Parker collectors and one of a handful who has spent thousands of personal money and much time promoting the PGCA.

We lost another principal collector several years ago when he posted photos of A grades here, got snotty responses, and left. He has never posted here again and says he won't. I see his guns once in a while, but he will not display them nor post them and so some of the top and most interesting Parkers have been lost to view to enthusiasts.

So in my buddy's words, if I post here more, I must enjoy getting kicked in the teeth and he won't . Thanks for your kind comments. Hope to see you at Pheasant Fest in St Paul.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote