Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums PGCA Member Questions & Announcements

Notices

Unread 02-14-2016, 10:21 AM   #21
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,599 Times in 1,016 Posts

Brian, if you're into waterfowling, big guns, old decoys, and a fabulous multi-room "diorama" type presentation of hand-carving, duplicating machines, and Chesapeake Bay regional gunning lore with scads of old-time photos, stop at the Havre de Grace decoy museum. It's about 35-40 mins. north of Baltimore right off I-95. The museum is right down on the water by the lighthouse; signs from I-95 down into and through town. Also lots of quaint little shops and a couple of great little places to have lunch and walk around in town (if it ever warms up around here!!). Kevin
Kevin McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kevin McCormack For Your Post:
Unread 02-14-2016, 08:36 PM   #22
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,411 Times in 4,591 Posts

Kevin,
Thanks for the suggestion. Any ideas will be worth looking at. I am unsure if my wife will be able to acompany me for the trip now, so it may not be as much of a matter. She is in the process of looking at her work vacation schedule, trying to prepare for her maternity leave this summer. She thinks she may not be able to afford the time off for the trip. But maybe.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!
Unread 02-16-2016, 05:31 PM   #23
John J Sundelin
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McCormack View Post
Brian, if you're into waterfowling, big guns, old decoys, and a fabulous multi-room "diorama" type presentation of hand-carving, duplicating machines, and Chesapeake Bay regional gunning lore with scads of old-time photos, stop at the Havre de Grace decoy museum. It's about 35-40 mins. north of Baltimore right off I-95. The museum is right down on the water by the lighthouse; signs from I-95 down into and through town. Also lots of quaint little shops and a couple of great little places to have lunch and walk around in town (if it ever warms up around here!!). Kevin
Wow, I had forgotten about the decoy museum. I went there when it was fairly new in the late 80's while I was stationed at Aberdeen Proving grounds. It was nice back then so I can imagine it has only gotten better. I wish I was able to come to the meeting and see the area again. The water-fowling was awesome down there.
John
John J Sundelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2016, 09:22 PM   #24
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,597 Times in 1,550 Posts

I went thru OCS at APG in 1967. Subsequently was stationed there before being posted to Korea. Among other duties, I was the Post Honor Guard Commander. Buried a lot of kids coming home from RVN
Unread 02-24-2016, 05:15 PM   #25
Mike K
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Annual Meeting Special Hotel Rates are Ending
BUT there is some good news

The special rate of $109 is ending at the Sheraton on March 2. However they just called and said they have freed up 10 more rooms for Friday March 18. These additional rooms include six king bed rooms and four doubles.

We encourage you to book these right away.

The special rate of $109 that we have for the Hampton Inn is ending in two days on February 26.
Mike Kobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2016, 01:15 PM   #26
Mike K
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Today is the last day to get the special rate of $109 st the Sheraton Hotel. They have said they will not extend the special rate beyond today. The special rate at the Hampton Inn expired last week.
Mike Kobos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Kobos For Your Post:
Unread 03-10-2016, 09:51 PM   #27
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,727 Posts

Gents, Banquet tickets are still available. Any payments for tickets received after Monday March 14th 2016 will have to be picked up from me at the banquet. I don't want anyone's tickets to arrive late due to the mail.
ANNUAL MEETING
Unread 03-14-2016, 10:47 PM   #28
Bill Mullins
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,069 Times in 169 Posts

Default ANNUAL MEETING

Wow! The Annual Meeting is only five days away!! Remember the theme for this year's annual meeting is Hammer Guns. Accordingly, the People's Choice Awards at the banquet will be hammer guns.... lifter actions and top actions in any grade, gauge, unique features, or special engraving. All attendees please remember to bring your favorite hammer gun(s) for your fellow members to enjoy and "judge". There will be some very unique awards for the top choices.
In addition, expect some of the best Silent Auction items to ever be offered at an annual meeting.
Our guest speaker will be Philip Schreier of the National Firearms Museum who will share his thoughts and experiences on collecting guns... past, present and in the future.
Look forward to seeing you on Saturday and travel safely!
Bill Mullins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Mullins For Your Post:
Unread 03-18-2016, 08:35 AM   #29
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,411 Times in 4,591 Posts

For all not familiar with the area, there is a BIG shopping center with a lot of places to eat right next to the hotel.