Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Unread 02-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #11
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

I have a rotation and during rifle deer season I use a different one every other day or so, it takes about 5yrs to bring one back around
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #12
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

well the rain stopped and it started spitting snow so off the dogs and i went with the little v grade 20 ga in hand..dogs hunted hard for two hours but no squirls were seen smelt or treed.boy i think they had stayed in bed...so me and doga come back to the house after a big round...we ate dinner and rested for a spell..about 4.00 pm we loaded up in the truck and went to a little hollow that nobody hasd hunted squirls in all season..at 4.30 dasiey had one treed dont you knowa den tree it was hollow from bottom to top...in a few minutes another one was treed lulu the new dog showed a little interest i then spotted something that looked like a squirl took a shot and knocked a little bark off the tree.it was not a squirl i got to looking and this tree was hollow also..called the dogs and told them less go find another one..about 5.00 we treed our 3 rd squirl dont you know it was getting a little dark never found this one..as we approched the truck daisey treed again but i would have needed a good flash light to have this one..well in a 1 1/2 hour hunt we treed 4 times i m sure the squirls were in those den trees and the lighting was bad for sure on the last two.. the little 20 ga really carried well i had fun even though i got no squirls.found out i m bad out of shape plus got gout in my right foot so a whole days walk is out of the question..will bind up the foot tommorrow and try again we may have to hunt in the snow we are suppose to git some about 3.00 am..boy is the weather messed up..gona drag out another 20 tommorrow...charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #13
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

snow was on the ground this morning and the wind blowing some...figured that it would warm up in the evening and we could get a few hours in of hunting in but it never warmed up enough so we stayed in and worked in the shop..tommorrow its suppose to snow again. what a week to hunt squirls..charlie
Unread 02-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #14
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

raining this morning the snow never happened in my area but were on a weather alert at the moment this rain could turn to ice anytime..dasiey and me gona stay by the fire today and dream of better days ahead... charlie
Unread 02-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #15
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

You have the same weather forecast we have. I may load some shells today.
wayne goerres is offline   Reply With Quote