Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-28-2021, 03:35 PM   #131
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,157 Times in 3,260 Posts

just to keep it interesting -

I ordered some photographic film late in the day last Tuesday, a box of B&W and I meant to order some color film for landscapes, but clicked the wrong button and accidentally ordered one better suited for portraits -

I noticed the mistake as soon as I got the almost instant order confirmation email

no big deal, and no need to cancel, I was almost out of that film anyway and would still use it, so I went right back on and ordered the one I really wanted.

the company I ordered from is in NYC - I'm in upstate

the first order - the one with two boxes was here on Friday via UPS. The shipping email for the second order (one box) said it would be here Monday.

Monday I checked the tracking and UPS said they had, on Monday, handed the package off to their delivery partner-- USPS - giving it to the local sorting station - where it sat for three days. the tracking for those three days said there was no guarantee on delivery timing. Even after arriving, the tracking still said it was at the sorting station

so - four days longer for a short transit distance just because USPS was in the mix
Unread 01-28-2021, 05:27 PM   #132
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Photographic film? Real film? I have a 50? ft roll of Kodak B&W(lowest ASA) that's been in my freezer unopened for over 40yrs, and gobs of Kodak Kodachrome and print film. You have any use for any of it?
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2021, 05:39 PM   #133
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Flanders View Post
Photographic film? Real film? I have a 50? ft roll of Kodak B&W(lowest ASA) that's been in my freezer unopened for over 40yrs, and gobs of Kodak Kodachrome and print film. You have any use for any of it?

yes real film - the order was for 4x5 sheet film

but i do still shoot 35 and 120 roll film, i need to find my Watson bulk film loader
Unread 02-01-2021, 07:32 PM   #134
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

i just now got a shipping notice with a USPS tracking number

I was confused because I had not ordered a second one of that item - since I got one months ago

so - I click on the tracking number -

it said - delivered Nov 13 2020

Unread 02-02-2021, 11:27 AM   #135
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,345 Times in 4,421 Posts

The tracking info does not mean too much.
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2021, 05:56 PM   #136
Joe D.
PGCA Member

Member Info

In January we had to pay 4 bills electronically as our checks were delayed a couple weeks. I just bought something from a member here which he mailed from Michigan 2 day priority mail. It got here February 1 which was the due date! I asked him if my check had made it to him and, thusfar, no answer. So, it looks like the letter delivery must still be compromised.
Joe Dreisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2021, 07:39 PM   #137
Don Ay
PGCA Member

Member Info

crazy ...knock on wood I have heard all these horror stories I have yet to have any myself and I have been amazoning... buying ammo etc and no problems..I just ordered some reloading supplies from a small operation in Wi. Tuesday and it showed up today here on the eastern shore.... RST sent me a email today saying my order was shipped today should be here by the 8th...so I'll see
Don Ay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2021, 02:48 PM   #138
Tom Flanigan
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,253 Times in 425 Posts

I have only had problems once with USPS. This past season I cut and wrapped a hindquarter for a friend in Tennesee. I sent it overnight express. The package never got there yet they stated it was delivered. It showed up two weeks later stinking like hell. It must have been in the post office all that time. I don't know why they delivered a rancid smelling package but they did.

I cut up another hind quarter for this friend but sent it UPS. This package showed up on time.
Tom Flanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2021, 08:16 AM   #139
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

it can work

a member sent me a package - mailed from Fairbanks Alaska on the 3rd, the label says expected delivery date was the 8th

it arrived in upstate NY on the 6th

somebody screwed up

hopefully, the check traveling the reverse route will not be the rule the package was the exception to
Unread 02-13-2021, 07:39 AM   #140
john pulis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Losey View Post

yes real film - the order was for 4x5 sheet film

but i do still shoot 35 and 120 roll film, i need to find my Watson bulk film loader
There are a few of us who still shoot black and white, large and small format, develop, and print our own photographs. The fine print quality of paper is still better than ink jet and laser printing, although I had some Adirondack landscapes printed with a large format Epson, very impressive quality. Tradition dies hard.
john pulis is offline   Reply With Quote