Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-09-2021, 01:06 PM   #111
Woodcock survey
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,403 Times in 599 Posts

Ordered a part from Brownell Tues. pm and tracking said it would be here(Mass.) Sat. It arrived at noon today. Are things getting better? I expected a long delay in that i said cheapest way and after reading this thread only hoped for 2 weeks.
Daniel Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2021, 01:59 PM   #112
Kirk Potter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Ordered a jacket from an eBay seller in Wisconsin.. Wisconsin to Michigan. Scheduled delivery was January 6th. Tracking just says "In Transit, Arriving Late" Not anything urgent, but still annoying. I could of drove there and picked it up myself by now.
Kirk Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2021, 08:46 PM   #113
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,549 Times in 4,623 Posts

I have been sitting on that Fraser that I restocked and waiting until after the holidays to send it back to the owner. With it traveling across the country, I did not want to deal with it taking a month to get there. I decided to eat the extra cost and send it express mail since it was the only service that the post office was still guaranteeing. Meaning, if not on time they will refund me.
So, I was banking on it being late and getting my money back. But... they delivered on time next day. So good news it got there, bad news I lost the bet.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!
Unread 01-10-2021, 07:12 AM   #114
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,547 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dudley View Post
I have been sitting on that Fraser that I restocked and waiting until after the holidays to send it back to the owner. With it traveling across the country, I did not want to deal with it taking a month to get there. I decided to eat the extra cost and send it express mail since it was the only service that the post office was still guaranteeing. Meaning, if not on time they will refund me.
So, I was banking on it being late and getting my money back. But... they delivered on time next day. So good news it got there, bad news I lost the bet.
Often, it's the little things that make the customer happy and in the end, paying out of pocket will come back in the form of more satisfied customers.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2021, 08:36 AM   #115
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,157 Times in 3,260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Potter View Post
Ordered a jacket from an eBay seller in Wisconsin.. Wisconsin to Michigan. Scheduled delivery was January 6th. Tracking just says "In Transit, Arriving Late" Not anything urgent, but still annoying. I could of drove there and picked it up myself by now.

its incredible - between amazon and ebay - more than half the items I have ordered are in that state. some since before Christmas

one was an item we needed from Amazon (no local pharmacy stocks it ) so I reordered from a different seller that had a quick date listed -the tracking on the day after I reordered said the tracking label was created - then item awaiting pick up and the item in shippers possession.

and then then next day - they repeated those same steps - then a couple days later - got the red dot - in transit arriving late

the annoying thing is the first try's shipper keeps moving the arrival date out and the Amazon policy says you can't begin the refund process until 3 days after the last shown date

I've gotten to the point if we really need it - I have my daughter order it on her prime account - those items get here in a couple days - even on Sunday

Sadly that wouldn't help any of us shipping or buying guns
Unread 01-14-2021, 03:37 PM   #116
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,457 Times in 1,369 Posts

Default USPS

Guys and gals you better insure what you turn over to the postal service. No this is not a hockey stick that I bought. Not only did it arrive in this condition, but it arrived 5 days after the priority mail delivery date that printed on the tracking receipt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1DFE6125-1051-4E32-9B1D-39278D46EF07.jpg (534.5 KB, 4 views)
Unread 01-14-2021, 04:26 PM   #117
Kirk Potter
PGCA Member

Member Info

I once had the USPS fold an envelope and stick it in my mailbox that in giant letters said “DO NOT BEND!”
Kirk Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kirk Potter For Your Post:
Unread 01-14-2021, 05:24 PM   #118
Joe from MO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,121 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Bishop View Post
Guys and gals you better insure what you turn over to the postal service. No this is not a hockey stick that I bought. Not only did it arrive in this condition, but it arrived 5 days after the priority mail delivery date that printed on the tracking receipt.
Hoping that was not an antique fly rod.....
Unread 01-14-2021, 05:46 PM   #119
Jim McKee
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I have had some issues with USPS on time delivery during the 2nd half of 2020. All items were delivered, not always on the day expected. A firearm took 3 weeks and the PO could not tell where it was.
On December 13, 2020 I won a bid on e-bay for a used Brady Game Bag from the United Kingdom.
Was shipped on December 16 with a notice due to heavy volume items may arrive late
My post office delivered to me on December 30, 2020
Not bad
The USPS in various parts of US due to the virus and lack of workers are behind
Hopefully we will see a return to normal this spring
Jim
Jim McKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2021, 07:36 PM   #120
Craig Budgeon
PGCA Member

Member Info

If you you are a postal worker and are breathing your job is secure. While it is true that many workers are capable of doing a very good job there is a minority that is only willing to do enough to get by, often times, far less. Up until May 2019 our local postmaster showed up at 8:30 AM after his workout, was the first to leave for lunch, and often had personal business after 4 PM. It only takes 1 person to destroy your parcel or misplace your letter and it appears the post office has an ample supply of personnel for that purpose.
Craig Budgeon is offline   Reply With Quote