Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 06-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #11
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Wow. Based on the forend I'd say that puppy has had a few train cars of shells put through it. I just wish guns like that could talk and tell their stories. Very interesting stock comb. Nice acquisition Lee. Be sure to stick around this forum and let us know what you learn and of getting it fixed up and shootin'.... then will come the hunting stories hopefully...
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #12
Lee Weiss
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks to all for all of your input! I have attached pictures of the stock. Hope that gives a better view. My grandfathers name was Frank Weiss. He would most likely have bought the gun in Iowa, Dubuque probably. Although Dubuque borders both Wisconsin and Illinois. So, surrounding cities in either WI or IL are a possibility.

As far as a PGCA letter goes how does one proceed or forgive me if that is in the FAQ section, no flames please. I'll check.

Bill, you said to contact Larry Del Greco for repair work to the ejector. Is there a contact available? Sorry again, if am am asking FAQ stuff.

To Richard, this gun did alot of rabbit hunting in the depression. My grampa didn't drive but he had top notch rabbit dogs (beagles). So there were always people willing to take or go with gramps hunting, if you will. Gramps died the year I was born so I never knew him. This is all pass along from my dad. Dad said it was rare for gramps to miss a shot at anything. Back then if you wanted to eat you didn't miss. My dad doesn't care much for wild game because he grew up on it. People hear those stories now and kinda chuckle but that was the way life was then.

To Bill, I asked my dad if gramps shot competitive at all and he said not that he ever knew of. He was pretty sure that he was the original owner of the gun. Also,after he thought about it he said the ejectors never came out as they now do. It has been probably 40 yrs at minimun since the gun has been shot.

Thanks to all who have responded,
I appreciate it greatly,
Lee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0100.JPG (295.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0101.JPG (282.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0102.JPG (274.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0104.JPG (277.1 KB, 19 views)
Lee Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #13
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Is that a wooden reinforcing rod I see in the butt?
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #14
Lee Weiss
Forum Associate

Member Info

Between the two small screws I see what you see in the picture. It does look like it could be a rod. When I look at it with my eyes I didn't (don't) see it. It looks like it is there in the picture though. When I run my hand over it, there is a slight indentation where the camera shows whatever it is. It is not round as I would expect it to be if it were a dowel rod of some sort. I'll need to look with a magnifying glass. I suspect a indent of some sort though. I'll bring home my mag glass from work and inspect.
Lee Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #15
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,854 Times in 4,747 Posts

Larry Del Grego 315-894-8754 or 315-895-7395. I got these numbers from old PGCA information. I can't find such information on the new website. Del Grego does not have a website or email, so get on the phone.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #16
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,194 Times in 12,369 Posts

Of the rods and plugs I have seen, that (whatever it is) between the screws is not in the same position as those I have seen.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote