Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 05-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #11
Big Friend Ten (BFT)
PGCA Lifetime Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,933 Times in 795 Posts

I agree with Daryl, It was an absolute pleasure meeting and shooting with Harold. It was also good to once again talk to Mike Smith, Bill Murphy, Kevin McCormick, Roger Blain, Robert Rambler, Chuck Bishop, Chuck Brunner and Mrs. Brunner, George Blair, Milt Fettermen, Jonathon Engle, and a dozen other Parker, LC Smith, Fox, and Lefever guys whose names escape me at this moment.

During the weekend fine Parker left my care taking but it was replaced with an absolutely wonderful Lefever D Grade 12 gauge 30" and a very early push lever Lefever E Grade 10 gauge with 36" barrels! A gun that escaped me was Author Dubray's WC Scott pigeon gun. It was prices at $14,000 and looked very much like it was only 20 years old. The price seemed rather high until I shouldered it! Wow! What a gun...

These SxS events are not about the shooting although that is a big part of it. They are not about seeing and shouldering amazing guns like the one of two ever made Parker B Grade 8 gauges. They are not about the gun selling, trading, and collecting that we all love to do. No gentlemen, these modern day rendezvous are about camaraderie with like minded fellows. I encourage all of you to join in at upcoming shoots such as Hausmenn's Hidden Hollow May 31 to June 2, the new Northern shoot in Wisconsin on Father's Day weekend (hey, I didn't pick that date), of the Duluth shoot 18-20 July. Add to them local shoots and your summer will be full!

Mark

USMC Retired
USMC Distinguished Marksman
USMC Distinguished Pistol Shot
NRA Benefactor - Ring of Freedom member
Mark Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark Ouellette For Your Post:
Unread 05-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #12
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,379 Posts

Could'nt agree more Mark. You deserve credit for keeping Rich out of trouble this past weekend. You must be a good influence on him. Also thanks ahead of time for your and Mike's pictures which I know will be fantastic. It really sucks that I missed Friday's events. ( This work thing really sucks). I hated to miss the free food event that the Va. Vintagers put on plus all the camaraderie which is the real reason I attend. You guys are the best. By the way, Mike Smith shot the main event and scored a respectable 62/85 (I think) with his CE Fox. Way to go Mikey! See you all at Ernie's.
Daryl Corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #13
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

how about a picture of that lefever with the 36 inch barrels...sounds like you boys have a grand old time at these events and sounds like a little gun tradeing goes on.... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #14
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

A little trading ALWAYS goes on and I'm still thinking on the WC Scott gun that was ordered for our own Mr. Arthur DuBray. What a great gun, the engraveing is the finest I have seen and just to add insult to injury it fits like a glove. If it had been a 16 I'd be headed for debters prison but even for a 12 its a great gun and even the Parkers would welcome it into the safe
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #15
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,306 Times in 4,411 Posts

Good luck Rich. It looked like a beautiful gun even without the provenance
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #16
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,780 Times in 4,716 Posts

The Dubray gun is a great piece of Parker history, but a bit pricey. Maybe someone will love it enough to negotiate a deal.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote