Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Twins
Unread 12-02-2019, 09:14 AM   #21
Dan
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Twins

Nice to know you're not alone in the world, it would be interesting to know just how many were configured in a like manner. I have collected and traded off or sold a number of good Pre 64 Model 70's, "The Rifleman's Rifle" by Roger Rule was such a help and so informative but only possible because of factory records being available.
Daniel B Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2019, 10:18 AM   #22
Garth Gustafson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,352 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Jackson View Post
Dan , I drove up to Larrys a Number of years back ,my Wife and I ! I took a CHE 20 Gauge up that has some very unusual Checkering and wanted to have him place the Tools that they used for stamping the wood into the serial# to attempt to prove the stock on the gun is truly original ! The Stamps fit perfectly and we had a Wonderful Afternoon visiting with Larry ! Although it was a 7 1/2 hour drive each way for us ,I was glad we made the trip and we were never treated nicer at any place of business ! Congrats. !!!!!! on a Beautiful Gun !
Great story Russ. Kevin McCormack wrote a series of excellent articles about the DelGrego shop authenticating and restoring Parkers back in the Winter 1996/ Spring 1997 issues of DGJ.
Garth Gustafson is offline   Reply With Quote