Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Spring Issue of Parker Pages
Unread 02-20-2019, 07:23 AM   #1
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,228 Times in 12,374 Posts

Default Spring Issue of Parker Pages

Good Morning everyone - The Spring Issue is due to be shipped to the USPO today and while some of us may receive our copies Friday or Saturday of this week, the vast majority will receive theirs next week.

Once again, the whole lot of some 1300 copies arrive at the post office at the same time and are posted and sent along to their destinations on the same day. Any delays are the result of how they are handled at subsequent district and local US Post Offices. So if you haven’t received yours within a full couple of weeks you may want to contact James Hall by PM or his email address.

The deadline for submission of material for publication in the Summer Issue of Parker Pages is April 30. This should allow for all articles and pictures of Team Parker’s continued success at the Spring Southern and the PGCA vs. LCSCA Challenge Cup competitions to be received by your editor.

Once again, Kathy and I won’t be there so we’ll need volunteers to take some really good pictures to accompany the articles we receive.
We are also hoping for other articles and stories of a technical nature, special Parkers, and hunting with Parkers.

Best, Dean

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2019, 09:50 AM   #2
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,344 Times in 4,421 Posts

I will get plenty of photos and hope some others will as well.

Looking forward to seeing this issue
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 02-20-2019, 10:11 AM   #3
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanks very much Mills.

digital????
Unread 02-20-2019, 12:29 PM   #4
Keavin Nelson
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,242 Times in 445 Posts

Default digital????

Dean,
with the past copies now available digitally, any chance that the go forward new ones might be on a regular basis. A digital subscription?
Unread 02-20-2019, 01:16 PM   #5
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavin nelson View Post
Dean,
with the past copies now available digitally, any chance that the go forward new ones might be on a regular basis. A digital subscription?

No Keavin, that won't happen on an issue by issue basis.

We haven't discussed the possibility of additional digital volumes of Parker Pages being made available but it will certainly not be as a subscription. Maybe in 5-year sets or something along those lines.... I don't know - that's something that needs to be discussed among the BOD members. It is definitely a topic worthy of discussion though.

Daniel Cote has a Double Gun Journal Index & Reader Vols. 1 & 2 and he has said to me on a couple of occasions that he wants (needs) to publish a Vol. 3. I think we may be able to best his frequency in Digital Archives volumes, but again, it needs some serious discussion within the BOD.

Thanks for the question. It is through member participation in the 'process' that the PGCA becomes a better organization for its members. If future digital volumes ever become a reality, they will never be sold to non-members. We are locked in to protecting copyright agreements.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 02-20-2019, 08:53 PM   #6
Spin Drift
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Dean:

The Pretty Wife and I are going this year. Do you have a shot list that you would like to see taken for the pix? I sprung for Nikkor's fisheye zoom so you are going to get a unique view of the Trophy for sure.

Spin
Michael Moffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2019, 09:11 PM   #7
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

No, not really Spin. Whatever you think would be of major interest to our readers. It is a massive job to edit through the hundreds of pictures I receive from the Southern. The vast majority of pictures I receive end up “on the cutting room floor” so please send only your best dozen or so pictures and from those I will choose which ones will be published. The same plea goes out to all who read this and are planning on sending pictures for Parker Pages. Please help to lighten the editor’s load and just send your very best pics. Thanks very much.