Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 12-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #21
CHE
PGCA Member

Member Info

we need to outlaw violent video games, these kids play them for hours on end and it just brainwashes them to kill, kill, kill. Paintball games do not help one bit either. We need to watch and be aware of what is going into these kids brains.
tom leshinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #22
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,735 Times in 1,252 Posts

Don't count on it, The Annointed One has just appointed his second in command to lead an inside the ball park team that will most likely focus just on gun control and probably outlawing possession of firearms capable of handling large capacity magazines. And the Media that follows the Annointed One will help lead the charge.
allen newell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allen newell For Your Post:
Unread 12-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #23
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,277 Times in 2,428 Posts

I don't know if anyone listened to the NRA's press conference this morning but Wayne Lapierre gave a brilliant speech and outlined a specific remedy for the school violence problem. His best line was something to the effect of "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun". He made many excellent points but the media will still paint the NRA as a bunch of gun nuts. I truly hope everyone who owns a gun belongs.
Daryl Corona is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Daryl Corona For Your Post:
Unread 12-22-2012, 12:25 AM   #24
Setter Man
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,636 Times in 634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Corona View Post
I don't know if anyone listened to the NRA's press conference this morning but Wayne Lapierre gave a brilliant speech and outlined a specific remedy for the school violence problem. His best line was something to the effect of "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun". He made many excellent points but the media will still paint the NRA as a bunch of gun nuts. I truly hope everyone who owns a gun belongs.
Brilliant speech? WL did more to jeopardize our 2nd Rights today than the shooter did a week ago. What a colossal blunder. LaPierre's arrogance knows no bounds. If our country is at the point where militarization of our schools is the solution then is our society truly free? I can't imagine any intelligent adult thinking the plan Wayne LaPierre put forth this morning is anything other than a preposterous farce.

This mentality is exactly why I have never joined the NRA and I never will.
Jay Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #25
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

The Annointed One, The Schumer's and Pelosi's of the world and with the media cheerleading - they will brand WL as part of the right wing lunatic fringe. Already, very little of what WL said has been taken seriously. WL missed a perfect opportunity to make a reasoned case for a variety of actions that could be taken with necessarily infringing on the rights of gun owners. (I am a member of the NRA but I'm also a father and grandfather and former teacher in another life)
Unread 12-22-2012, 06:42 AM   #26
Smoothebore
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

And here we have the difference in ideology, WP made perfect sense for a solution to the obvious problem, and the radical left can't see it. Here we go again.

Dave
Dave Purnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 07:10 AM   #27
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

WL could have delivered/made his case in a different manner with better effect. Much of his content was spot on, but his manner of presentation was not as effective as it could have been. While he may have been correct to point out in his opening that the Annointed One is basically a hypocrite on this issue, he had to know it would color the rest of what he had to say, he had to know the media would be looking for any way to characterize his message unfavorably. He put himself and the NRA in a position where the Media and their political allies could pounce on them. Most unfortunate.
Unread 12-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #28
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,345 Times in 4,421 Posts

The whole thing is sad and it appears Washington is going to play politics rather than try to address the problems which caused this horrible crime. This is probably a good time for us to go back to talking about Parkers, hunting and more pleasant things
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 12-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #29
Kensal Rise
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,577 Times in 926 Posts

Mills:
I agree with you. I'd much rather be talking about Parkers. But to ignore reality is to accept the fate others deal to you. And... if you think that those idiots in Washington will stop with "assulat weapon" and high-cap magazine legislation, you will have to think again.
Parkers? Well, let's see. They are also talking about "the gun show loophole." That means you may not be able to buy that wonderful BHE you spot at Tulsa. Or have to fill out a 4473 for a pre-'98 shotgun.
You may not realize it, but for the "public safety" you can't even keep a shotgun in your home in the UK without police OK. Think it can't happen here? Think again.
In my book, the NRA did fine. As a former newsman, PR man and ad man, I like the fact that old Wayne stuck it to them. They were already blaming the NRA anyway. Why lay there and take it?
Romney did that during the election. And see what happend?

Best, Kensal

PS: On second thought, Mills is right. Let's go back to Parkers.
John Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John Campbell For Your Post:
Unread 12-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #30
winplumber
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Gardner View Post
Brilliant speech? WL did more to jeopardize our 2nd Rights today than the shooter did a week ago. What a colossal blunder. LaPierre's arrogance knows no bounds. If our country is at the point where militarization of our schools is the solution then is our society truly free? I can't imagine any intelligent adult thinking the plan Wayne LaPierre put forth this morning is anything other than a preposterous farce.

This mentality is exactly why I have never joined the NRA and I never will.
Jay what you said really turns my stomach without the NRA you should just leave those nice guns on the front door step to be picked up for garbage . This is the only group that actually is fighting for your right to keep them I dont see the media talking about anyone but them. If our President can be guarded by armed guards why cant my son ? I think I better stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Huffman For Your Post: